Any Doulas on here?

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
I'd like to pick your brains :flower:

I have been thinking about becoming a Doula for some time and I'm finally getting a grasp on my life enough to give it alot more than just thought. I have looked at a couple of sites offering training but they are all so far away from me. I wouldn't mind travelling if I knew the course was 100% worth it.

So basically can you recommend a course or point me in the right direction to finding my perfect career?

I just finished my birth doula training with Childbirth International. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the course content. It is a distance education/online course so I was a bit worried that it was just a 'money grab' and there wouldn't be any real information, but I'm very happy I did the training! Feel free to ask me any questions! Oh, you can also check out the website at www.childbirthinternational.com.

I'm in the Midlands (Coventry to be exact), I've found Nuturing birth who do a course in Nottingham which isn't too far on the train but it's mid week, DH has set holidays so childcare would be difficult then. I'm sure I found one who does a course over 2 weekends and then home modules, I just can't remember who it was :lol: the joys of distraction before bookmarking

Have you looked at Mindful Doulas? They run courses in Edinburgh, York and London over a weekend. I did my training with them and thoroughly enjoyed it x

I've done Nurtiring Birth and Developing Doulas :) I think it depends on the facilitator and what you're attracted to but I really enjoyed Developing Doulas. I'd also recommend Mindful too. If I'm honest I think the NB course is too short.

Thank you, I'll have a look at those.

Can I ask how regular you have clients? DH isn't sure it'd be a good move as he can't see there being alot of demand for it

It's not a job you do if you want to earn a decent wage! :lol:

It's not a job you do if you want to earn a decent wage! :lol:

:lol: I didn't think it would be, but it's not about the money for me. He just has it in his head that training+title= work/money, for me it's about helping women achieve the birth they want and deserve. Support before, during and after birth is a massive part of positive exeriences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->