• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any early facebook announcers here??

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
I really just want to share my good news but I know im far too early to announce yet.

Plus a lot of people already know, its hard to keep it under wraps at work when you're off to the loo every 5 seconds and falling asleep!

I have a lot of family all over the place so fb announcement is necessary for me!

How far were you when you made your public announcement?

My first pregnancy, I announced immediately, probably at like 3-4 weeks. I sadly had to reannounce our loss at 12+4. My second pregnancy, I announced after our first scan at 5+2, and thankfully she was born at 36 weeks :D this pregnancy we announced at 16 weeks, because I had sub chronic hematoma in first tri, and had a very massive bleed... Didn't want to announce, and then end up with another angel, kwim? It's really up to you, and when your comfortable telling people!

this is my first pregnancy and we subtly announced it at 10+3 and then officially announced it with pictures of my first scan at 14+3 :) but its up to you when you decide the right time is:)

With DD I announced at 11 weeks, but only because people were harrassing my friends asking if I was etc. This time around I'll wait until 12 weeks, but probably will announce on my birthday when I'll be 12+6w

Didn't announce until 20 weeks with Finn. I was still in high school and although lots of people knew I didn't want the added attention at school (graduated when I was 16w along, waited to announce on FB until we knew the sex).

Announced at 12 weeks with this pregnancy, wanted to make sure the scan looked good and we could find a heartbeat via doppler.

I didn't announce until I was around 26-27 weeks, honestly. I felt that the people that needed to know already knew, and I was busy finishing up junior/senior year in one year before I had the baby so I didn't really have for all that.

I plan on posting a photo of the first scan I have after 12 weeks :) I have cousins on Facebook also, that live in a different state to me and a couple in England still, so that's pretty much how I plan on telling that bunch :haha:

Thanks girls!

I think i'll wait until 12 weeks, its just so hard keeping it from close friends amd family.

Im that excited I just want to scream it ha!

Yes would be horrible to reannounce a loss though :cry:

So i think ill wait aslong as I can lol, maybe after my 10 week scan, i get a scan every 2 weeks you see so makes me more excited each time!

6 weeks thanks to my 'friends' and one of their mums!! :wacko: I wanted to wait until my 12 week scan and announce it with that.

I really just want to share my good news but I know im far too early to announce yet.

Plus a lot of people already know, its hard to keep it under wraps at work when you're off to the loo every 5 seconds and falling asleep!

I have a lot of family all over the place so fb announcement is necessary for me!

How far were you when you made your public announcement?

I waited until I was past 20 weeks to announce on FB. Of course, since I didn't tell my parents until the end of my first tri I didn't want to give it away online. I waited to post scan pics until everyone in my family knew, and my OH's family since some of them are FB friends with me. A ton of other girls I went to high school with fell pregnant either shortly before or after I did, which took away some of the fun since I felt like some people were doing it to follow a trend. But yeah, I held off for awhile. I started slow, by liking some parenting pages and making obscure references to being pregnant without actually saying it lol. For my second pregnancy, I will probably just wait until early second tri.

I found out at 18 weeks and immediately posted on fb about it! haha I was glad I was able to post 4D ultra sound pictures with his name :)

With Isabella I announced at about 14 weeks.
This time I'm not sure if we're even gonna put an official 'announcement' on facebook but if we do it'll be after our 12 week scan.

I'm probably won't properly 'anounce' it i'll just post pictures of my 12 week scan because most people I actualy care about already know (friends and family) The only people I'd be really telling is people I used to go to school with that i don't even talk to anymore and probably never check my profile any way

Very few people knew about my pregnancy, most after 12 weeks and then at 18weeks preg I posted up my 12 week scan photo x wouldn't do it any earlier than first scan but everybody has their own preferences x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->