Any health anxiety sufferers here?

happigail

Mummy to Kitty and Ashy.
Reaction score
So basically when I was pregnant with Kitty at 38 weeks my blood pressure shot up sky high and I was hospitalized. I had a c section within a week. It was terrifying as I was pumped full of medication to drop it and at one point a panic button was pressed and I was told they had to deliver immediately. Luckily my bp stabilized and I held out a few more days. After the birth I started to freak out about lumps or a cough or more than anything my heart.
I got things a bit more under control then at 6 months fell pregnant again with a pregnancy of unknown location and had chemotherapy to end that pregnancy. That started the worst year of my life. I became obsessed with my health and the thought I was dying. I was often at the doctors 3 times a day with different things, I was bordering on a complete break down when I finally began counseling. Peter my therapist helped to save me, I miss him so much.

So now I am 28 weeks with a much wanted baby. But the health anxiety is creeping back. I still have fairly high bp so I've begun fixating on preeclampsia and heelp syndrome, spend the day crying and taking my bp (which a bit elevated until my husband sent me for a nap and I've just had a normal reading thank God).

I'm also worrying about the the big c and my big fear is heart attack and strokes.

Am I alone or is there anyone else out there with major health anxiety?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->