Any hope for baby #3?

Wugz22

Reaction score
Baby #1 = colic, HORRIBLE sleeper
Baby #2 = fussy (slightly less than #1) and THE WORST SLEEPER EVER (way worse than #1)

Pregnant with baby #3 - Anybody had two tough babies followed by one of those easy-going, good sleepers all my friends seem to brag about!?!??!

:shrug::winkwink:

My first two weren't tough really, but Sophie has always been a shit sleeper at night and Thomas was during the day. Emma is my easiest baby and she generally sleeps through the night (omg!!!!) which Sophie still doesn't do at almost age four.

Only have 2 kids but my first (2years old next month) was terrible, colic, reflux and allergic to milk. Slept for maybe 2-4 hours a day seriously it was the worst 9 months of my life until she started to settle. My second (8weeks) was up 2 times a night but now sleeps from 1.30am til 9am. And then has 2-4 naps a day. I was dreading my second being bad like my first but so far so good with her :)

I really hope it's different for you but all 3 of ours have been horrible sleepers. If we have a 4th, I feel like I'd just count on it haha but in truth, all babies are different and the next one could be an amazing sleeper :) if we have another lol

I wonder if ppl lie sometimes or stretch the truth because I hear about these super easy, sleeping through the night from three weeks babies and I have yet to have one! DS1 was a HORRIBLE sleeper and I'm still amazed I decided to have another after literally barely sleeping for two years straight (he was also super fussy/colic for the first five months)! Ds2 turned out to be a much better sleeper but still didn't sleep through until 13 months (and was up every two hours from 8-12 months...but was much better in the fussy department). Now Dd1 is averaging 4-5 hours at 6 weeks and I am thoroughly impressed but don't expect it to last. She is quite fussy daily but maybe a little less so than ds1. Needless to say, each baby has gotten a little better so there's hope?

I thought they were bullshitting too until Emma came along. Like I say, Sophie still doesn't sleep through on any regular basis and Emma does almost every night. She also has never been swaddled (my other needed it till 7-8 months), she doesn't need a dummy, falls asleep during the day with just a cuddle now and I pop her down. She's such a different experience for me, it's like an alien baby! She has a 3-4 hour nap from 10am and a few shorter ones afterwards then sleeps through generally from 8pm-7am, naps again on the school run in the mornings most days also.

Ds1 was such an easy baby but was a rubbish sleeper up until just after 2 where he started sleeping thru and has been a great sleeper since

Ds2 was a hard high needs baby cried a lot wouldn't take a dummy had colic reflux and a cows milk allergy but was a great sleeper went down awake from early and settled himself slept thru the night from around 10/11 months never had any problems up until ds3 was born when he started playing up for bed and then it stopped and now it has started again shouts and wakes more than the baby

Ds3 is a dream baby so happy and content from newborn use to just lie in his Moses basket and fall asleep his self didn't need or want a dummy was generally such a happy easy baby slept well even as a newborn
He's nearly 10 months now still generally happy boy but is teething and into everything he's at the I don't want to sit still stage and has been moaning abit lately
he naps in his cot has done for a good few months which my other two didn't do till abit older
He does stil wake in the night normally only once and doesn't really want much milk so I'm hoping to phase that out soon he wakes up early tho like 5.15 past two days but so did ds2 because they go to bed early

I literally think it's luck of the draw x

You might be lucky. My daughter was/is a pain. She used to have nights if waking 10pm til 4am which killed me. At almost 3 she is still in my room and wakes maybe 3/4 times a night for months then settle for a few months then starts it all over again.

My son on the other hand is a joy! Goes to bed at 6:30 and sleeps til 8 and naps from 1-3. Even while in the hospital with bronchiolitis he still slept his usual.

they are so different so it's possible your 3rd will be different to your first 2. Fx'd for you x

DS- Easy baby, poor sleeper (up every 1-2 hours until 12 months but then started sleeping better).
DD1- Hard baby, high needs, severe reflux too, AWFUL sleeper.
DD2- Little miss sunshine! Not a great sleeper until 11 months (up every couple of hours) but since 11 months she's been mostly getting up only once a night, sleeping through on many occasions and napping well too!

Also my DD1 started sleeping well the day DD2 was born- she went from hourly wake ups to sleeping through regularly or waking only once a night. Heavenly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->