Any HR bods on?? Can they do this??

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
My work send regular 'job Vacancy' emails around.

Well today an email came round with my job advertised in it but with some more bits that I don't do and left out bits that I do do.
Thing is I haven't handed my notice in or been told my job is changing.
Can they do this?

Feeling really stressed out as typically this email was sent out at 4pm when everyone is out the door for the weekend!!

Can anyone give me advice?

How do you know they're not just wantingssomeone else who does the same as you?

Its something you would need to discuss with them because while there is a law protecting you that your job cant be advertised as such (as in to replace you) they can advertise a job with the same tittle or description if they are expanding the area and plan on taking someone else on.
I had a boss who mucked up doing this, he made me redundant then accidently advertised my job when he didn't mean the advert to run for another few months.
There was nothing I could do though as I had been there 2 weeks short of a year so had no actual rights (something else I think he planned)

They are not expanding, the way things are going we'll be downsizing!

Oh and I've worked in the same job or 6 years..

I'm a HR bod - Hello :)
Yes, they can do this, there is nothing at all stopping them recruiting another you, the problem obviously arises if they employ someone else and then try to make YOU redundant - they would have to make one role redundant and you and the new person would both need to interview for the one available role.
If you have real worries though hon would definately raise it with your line manager xxxx

Hey Hun sorry to hear that... In my old job, my role was advertised on the intranet and my friend an I weren't advised of this until I approached my manager who wasn't very nice. Anyway I was advised that I would need to reapply for my job and being I was already in the job I got the job and the second role was filled by someone else as my friend couldn't commit full time.

I guess they can do that and they will but they can't make you redundant then readvertise your job... Good luck Hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->