Any mamas TTC while still bfing?

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
Struggling TTC whilst still bfing my little boy. We can't get him off the boob at night and I'm worried it's affecting ovulation.

My periods have been kind of irregular since they came back, and haven't had that many, so am unsure how long my cycles are. Currently on CD 36 with no sign of a BFP or AF so don't know where I stand.

Just feeling hopeless as I feel like him bfing is stopping this happening for us. :nope:

Anyone else in a similar position?

We are on our first cyle TTC, I'm still breastfeeding as well.

I'm not sure what this will mean for us, she's consistently slept through the night for the last 3 weeks. She nurses before bed, in the morning and periodically throughout the day (when I'm not at work).

Just to share a bit- i had my first period when my daughter was about 18 months. They were a bit wonky and unpredictable for a few months but it started to settle out around 22 months.

Hopefully things get more predictable for you!

My story is pretty similar to Janers. I´m bfing my son who is 3 in April. My periods came back when he was about 18 months too and they are still really irregular so not even bothering trying to guess ovulation or anything. We are on our first cycle ttc number 2, hope it doesn´t interfere with conceiving but I do know lots of other mamas who have got pregnant while they were bfing so donn´t think we should be too worried

Hey I started a thread like this in te breastfeeding section! Come and join us!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/2248333-anyone-breastfeeding-ttc.html

I'm breastfeeding my 17 month old and ntnp for #2 my periods returned at 13 months and have been reasonably regular since. My son only breastfeeds before bed now, wondering when I should stop. Good luck

Just the thread I've been looking for!

DH and I just started NTNP, and I'm a little freaked out by whe whole idea. Even though I was the one who suggested it, as I what my children close in age. I am currently BF my DD, who is 8 months old. However I'm having no period yet, so I feel I'm unlikely to to conceive right now anyway. DD still nurses loads through the night, but during the day not much (we supplement).

We are taking a casual approach like last time, but I have a feeling that it will take much longer, with no AF and less opportunity to DTD iukwim.

Good luck ladies!

Yes we are ttc no 2 and I am still BFing my 9 month old. I got AF back at 6 months pp. Its been a bit wonky but cycles seem to be getting back to a more normal length now. I did opks this month as part of the clearblue trial and it looks like I am ovulating so it could happen.

We hope to have a 18 month -2 year gap.

My dd still feeds loads, day and night, as she hasn't really taken to solids that well so I am thinking it might take us a while to conceive, we were lucky and conceived dd on cycle 1!

I have just stopped breastfeeding my almost 13mth son and have been trying to conceive #4 since having him. My periods returned at 6 weeks and I've had pos opk every mth. Had a mc in July at 5 weeks then a possible chemical in August ( pink/grey evaps). Hoping now I've stopped it will happen!
I read that breastfeeding can lower progesterone and raise prolactin which isn't good for getting pregnant/sucessful pregnancy
I got pregnant very easily with my other 3 within first 1-3 mths but I wasn't breastfeeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->