any mommies that would be considered special needs?

teen_mommy44

Zach's mommy :)
Reaction score
hii mommies,
i was just wondering if there is any moms on here with some issues we talk about the kids having.

I have an auto processing disorder, learning disability (not otherwise specified) dyslexia and several medical problems that affect my immune system and joints/spine.

if you have any questions for me about anything i have feel free to ask. sometimes its hard to understand how someone feels with special needs unless you have it.

I have some mental issues, also severe scoliosis and juvinile (premature) osteo-arthritis.

I have a friend with dyslexia.

So how are you?

Being born severe to profound deaf, I am a "trained" auditory processing disorder. (that is, I'm never confident if I heard correctly and I even miss out sounds, like someone is calling me, due to my hearing, even though I have cochlear implant). most born deaf or hard of hearing naturally have auditory processing disorder even if they were "cured" (like stem cell)

Another spectrum person here, although I'm Aspie. (I'm also bipolar.)

I don't have any special needs, just BPD (borderline personality disorder). But my husband has Asperger's Syndrome. It definitely puts an extra bit of work that we have to put into our marriage, just because he has a hard time understanding some things, he's got terrible balance and is always falling (but he has coped amazingly over the last 20 years with it). We found out last year and he took it VERY hard, he still kind of gets upset about it when it's mentioned although nowhere near like when he first found out. although of course we knew something wasn't "normal" about him, everybody knows lol. He's not your average guy, in fact he's pretty damn smart and an amazingly attentive husband and father, very hard working. But he has a very difficult time dealing with social situations, talking to people, making eye contact, he uses very literal terms for everything with a vast vocabulary and it comes off very odd to people (it did to me at first too) and now that he is in college when he writes a paper he gets confused as to why he didn't make an A, and when I read it back it's because he uses so many intricate details and literal words that it might sound right to him but it's like O.O to everyone else.

His mom said she never took him to a doctor about it to get diagnosed or anything "because she didn't want him labeled", she thought he had ADD. But when we told her of the character traits of asperger's she immediately was able to recollect many times when these things presented themselves in his early childhood, etc. Although now that he knows it makes people WAY more understanding of why he does some of the things he does and he said he doesn't feel "stupid" anymore.

Asperger's hasn't negatively affected our marriage, it's all about being patient for me. It is a part of who he is and I wouldn't have him any other way though. And honestly, we are the perfect match because he is so very very patient, and I am quite the opposite due to my BPD, I have EXTREME anger at random times of the day, and I don't think anyone else could deal with me like he does haha. sorry for the long post.

:flower:

I have dyslexia, dyspraxia and epilepsy. I was diagnosed late on all three, age 18 for the learning difficulties and in my early twenties for the epilepsy.

I think being diagnosed earlier would have been much more helpful which I why I am battling to get my son seem by a paediatrician as we are concerned he is autistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->