Any "non-low risk" women having a HB??

aliss

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you are doing an HB with risk factors?

I have one planned with midwife support but have a history of shoulder dystocia. I know in the UK apparently they cannot deny you, so just wondering if any of you have made this decision against 'popular opinion'??? Not really a topic I'd love to bring up in 3rd tri as most of you probably understand....

I declined C-section probably for the same reasons as the rest of you.

Yes I am considered "high risk" as both of my previous pregnancies resulted in emcs due to lengthy labours and fetal distress.
My midwife and the rest of the home birth team are incredibly supportive of my decision. I have done my homework and concluded that if I want to try and labour naturally and not end up with yet another section then the best place for me and the baby is at home.:thumbup:

Good luck for your HBA2C (did I get that right? :rofl:) Nice to see you have a supportive team. Me too. I don't know where I'd be without the supporters.

Im high risk due to BMI, im haveing a homebirth like it or not. My personal midwifes happy and supportive, the hospital team, not so. think there miffed i counciled my consultant apps, Last time they wanted me to have drip lines and early epi lines ect because i was overweight and it was going to be hard..

4 hrs labour. 15 mins pushing 1/4 pethadine gas & air at about 10cm dilated.. =P So... they think im high risk, i think im more at risk in hospital.

Good luck girlys!

I am high risk, was with my DD but had no problems with my pregnancy or birth previously.
But i WILL be having a home birth this time, and it WILL be in the birthing pool.
And i have group strep b and am requesting that a midwife that is allocated to me is prepared and willing to give me the drip at home. which ive told can be done.
There are many reasons why i could be high risk, which is family history, the fact i carry beta thalassemia trait and my iron level and stores are naturally really low and in pregnancy drop further, into a dangerous point, but they are aware of it and will be receiving a blood transfusion by 37weeks that will bring it up. but they do still fear i will loose too much blood. on top of that, i have a high bmi etc.

but either way i missed out on my water birth last time, and i wont allow it this time xx

HBAC against medical advice here! I feel I am safer from interventions at home and more likely to progress than I would be in a hospital setting. My emcs was due to fetal distress after being induced at 42wks. I got to full dilation and pushing but strapped to the monitors with epidural in and drip, I couldn't change position to help DS out.
I have a brilliant midwife who is confident in my ability to deliver at home. Every appointment I have had with her she has been out at a homebirth the night before. I think this bodes well!!!

I don't know if you're on the Facebook home birthers and hopefuls group but there are ALOT of 'high risk' home birthers there :)

THx merv! I have a 'dummy' Facebook account (with no friends for my secret activities muhahahaha) so I sent a request

I am planning a homebirth for sometime in the next few weeks. I have a high BMI, hypothyroidism and low iron. As well, I had a postpartum hemorrhage and pregnancy induced hypertension when I had my daughter.
I am on iron supplements and so far my BP has stayed normal. My midwives don't seem concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->