any of you girls at 40ish on clomid

harley9671

Reaction score
hi ladies, here on ttc again after having a mmc end of august at 9wks. have had mentioned to me about clomid and even tho i ov on my own it would help ladies of our age produce more mature follicles and more of a target for sperm. thought id ask advice from you ladies first before taking it further. x

I am 42 and if I dont start producing better eggs I will be starting clomid up again in December seems to be the only drug that actually helped in the past. only issues I had with it was the mood swings were bad and ten times worse when I got a BFP. and it thinned my uterine lining but there are things that can be taken to help reduce the thinning effects.

thanks for replying lisap. what mg did you take and what days? did you get your bfp on your first cycle. im thinking of asking gp for it as i cant wait 6months as at our age we dont have the time to hang around.

I did one round of Clomid, CD3-7...50mg...I had too many negative side effects and chose to use Tamoxifen instead.

I Clomid can be a wonderful drug, for some people...you just have to keep in mind; it's not a magic BFP pill. It is designed for OV...

Fx'd!

thanks for replying lisap. what mg did you take and what days? did you get your bfp on your first cycle. im thinking of asking gp for it as i cant wait 6months as at our age we dont have the time to hang around.

My first cycle on it I took 100mg cd 5-9 and ovulated on cd 16 and got a faint BFP at 14dpo. and I M/C at 5 weeks. that was back when I was 39 though. I am worried I wont respond well to meds anymore because on tamoxifen I had a poor ovulation.

I took Clomid when I was 41 and I took it for 3 cycles 100mg days 5-9 and I didn't respond to it but the month after I was done with 3 cycles, I got pregnant. The FS said that sometimes that happens with some women. I respond to Soy Isoflavins better because I've gotten pregnant two times on it using the Instead softcups. I only took little dosage of it because I didn't know how I would respond...

I took Clomid and it had the complete opposite effect with me. I OV'd on my own so Clomid went into overdrive and turned me into a complete loon. It also dried up my CM completely. I never got that elusive BFP and it broke my heart as like so many others thought that Clomid would be my magic baby pill. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

I took Clomid and it had the complete opposite effect with me. I OV'd on my own so Clomid went into overdrive and turned me into a complete loon. It also dried up my CM completely. I never got that elusive BFP and it broke my heart as like so many others thought that Clomid would be my magic baby pill. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Same here...my cooter was a raisin....:haha:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: sorry :blush:

Soy dident work for me at all either , so I guess its natural ovulation here on out for me.

I was ovulating naturally but FS put me on 50mg and it made me really late O one cycle and anov the next. Took a month off went back on at 100mg and got a bfp. Sadly that one didn't stick and miscarrid at 4w5d. BUT I did have 3 awesome mature follicles at cd11 was given the big talk about multiple had and a very very strong ovulation. Estradiol on cd11 was 1009, progesterone at at 7dpo was 120.

Took last month ff from everything and going to do the same again this month on the 100mg. I am also taking coq10, maca and pre natals and using preseed and instead cups and will be rooting like bunnies for next couple of weeks!

Omg :haha::haha::haha::haha:

I am 43 1/2 and I am on 100 mg Clomid. Luckily I have no side effects from it. Last yr we got pregnant with our 6th IUI on Clomid. This yr we just did our 2nd IUI on Oct 15.

Lara - 43
DH - 49
married Aug 30, 2008
TTC #2 together

FSH 9.2
AMH 0.97
Estradol 59.3

Experienced unexplained infertility after #3
Took 14+ yrs to conceive again
5 IUI's = BFNs
6th IUI = BFP
DD born 04/02/2011