Any one here told someone they're NTNP/TTC and regretted it?

Clara cluck

Mummy to 1, #2 on way!
Reaction score
I've told none of my friends and sometimes just want to talk about it all so much I get close to telling someone. Just wondered if anyone else feels the same or has told friends and wishes they hadnt.

I'm rubbish at keeping secrets. My Mum and my sister know and a friend at work who is already pregnant knows. Apart from that, everyone else just has strong suspicions because I've been really un-subtle about it all! I don't really regret anyone knowing. The people who know for sure are not questioning me every time they see me (though the work friend always says "any news", but that's it)

The people who simply suspect are always making various comments, but it doesn't bother me at all.

In some ways, I prefer people to know though because we've been married over 3 years now and I imagine people who know me will be wondering what's up because I've always been strongly pro-family!! At least if they know we're trying, they might cut us some slack on the expectations..

Thanks Siuan! I'm bursting to tell someone! I may confide in a friend who just told me she is NTNP.

Baby dust to you!:hugs:

No worries Clara cluck (cool name by the way!) in some ways, I think it helps for someone to know and if she's told you she's NTNPing too, then you can share your journeys together :)

:dust: heading your way too!!

I haven't told anyone yet, I may tell one of my sisters and my best friend if the subject comes up. I think my friend already suspects because she keeps asking me if we are trying. She knows me so well it's hard to keep a secret.

It's SO hard! I've almost told my mom and sister a few times, I think they suspect something. I really wish I could tell everyone, but OH wants to keep it between us...grrr it's so hard!

I haven't told my family but my friends know. I have one who is TTC at the same time.

Thanks ladies! It's good to hear others' thoughts on this. I've not told her yet, think I'll sit on it a wee bit longer. OH wants to keep it a secret too so going to respect that (for now!) People have started asking and are suspicious I think. I just really don't want any pressure or constant questions but at the same time want to chat to someone! It's so hard to keep a secret too because I'm so excited!! At least bnb is a good release for that!

Thanks again and babydust to all :dust:

No worries Clara cluck (cool name by the way!) in some ways, I think it helps for someone to know and if she's told you she's NTNPing too, then you can share your journeys together :)

:dust: heading your way too!!

Thanks! Clara cluck was my nickname when I was younger! It definitely feels appropriate right now! :winkwink:

Hi Clara cluck, I told MIL and SIL (currently expecting) we were NTNP and now every time they see me, they watch out for 'pregnancy symptoms'... drives me nuts (esp because I'm not)!!!

hey Clara Cluck, I told my sister, who was horrified and tried to talk me out of it (I had a very bad previous preg). That wasn't much fun. But the only other person I have told is a friend who has been TTC for ages, I would hate to just spring it on her in the future if/when we get pg if she isn't - obv I hope she gets there first! With her, it's lovely to have someone to talk to - I think she's pleased someone else is actually in the same boat again too!

Hiya,
I told my best friend, shes my veteran and has three little ones. So she's my source of all pregnancy info too. I feel like if I told my family there would have been added pressure and constant questioning and I don't want to deal with that saying as were not hammering the TTC. I'm enjoying the NTNP more.

I have friends who know we plan to try but they think we'll be trying from the new year i.e. 6 months. No one knows we're NTNP :D

i just lost my baby boy at 24+3 weeks and we are now NTNP and everyone keeps saying are we trying for anither and i jsut say not really, we just let things happen when they happen, because 1) i dont want constant questions like are you pregnant yet? and 2) when i do get my BFP i dont want anyone to know (especially the facebook world) for a long time... probably not at least until h ad my 20 week scan......

only close family and friends know we are just taking it as it comes and if we get pregnant then bonus xxx

My best friend knows I am taking prenatals and "going with the flow"...she just recently got a BFP for her 2nd child. I don't mind her knowing at all, because she never pesters me for "news", because she knows I would tell her if I got PG. It's nice, too, because if I have any questions here or there, I can ask her since she has gone through pregnancy before :)

We are currently living with my mom to help her out, I haven't told her because she will get worried...she saw how upset I was when I had my MC a couple years ago and she's scared of how I will feel if it happens again. I know she's seen my prenatals, I just call them my "vitamins" if she sees me taking it...so she obviously knows but just wants to pretend she doesn't lol.

I don't talk about it at all with my sister, which is hard. She has always wanted a baby but always lands in unstable relationships. I will feel guilty if I do get PG, because she is older than me and she was upset when our friend got PG again (who is almost 2 years younger than me). It's hard to hide it from her but I dunno if I could handle the stress of her being depressed about me actively trying to have a baby with my DH :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->