Any one needs to lose a lot of weight before trying for a baby??

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hello :)

Im in need to lose a lot of weight before we can start trying for another child. Im currently around 17 and a half stone, im 5 foot 7 inches tall and dont want to go any lower than 10 stone, so roughly 7 stone ish i need to lose before trying.
i was just wondering if any one else is wanting/needing to lose a lot of weight before trying for a baby?
i havent started a diet yet but wanting to start real soon. any dieting tips also very appreciated (im a vegetarian though)

thank you for reading

Heather :)

Hi Heather

I have just posted about losing weight before TTC - I plan to start in the autumn (TTC'ing, not dieting). My cycles are really irregular, and figured losing weight would help. I am aiming for about 4 stone loss.

Good luck

Hi Heather, ive been ttc for over two years. Ive been trying to lose weight since mid jan and so far only got 1 st (14lbs) off. Im also a veggie :) im about 5 5" and started out 14 st, so 13 st now but kinda stuck on this weight :-( also would love to get to 10 st - but just getting to 12 would be really great! Ive been using My Fitness Pal to calorie count and log any exercise i do. For breakfast I either have porridge or fruit & nuts. Today I had an apple, a pear, about 8 brazil nuts & a spoonful of some mix that is high in protein (ground up seeds etc). For lunch i have a veg wrap, soup or an omlette. My downfalls have been cheese, bread, choc, wine & carbs in general. Didnt do so well today as i had 2 choc bars instead of lunch :-( i really have to get the weight off tho as we both have fertility probs & running out of time. I need to have bmi under 30 if any chance of nhs ivf. I have an appointment later this month & want it under 30 by then. So got to get out of the rut i'm in!!! Good luck! X

Hey am all so having to diet as well almost 3 stone am having to loss but finding it so hard even tho i am doing weight watchers .. i suppose its all down to eating the right things and how much u eat. I have noticed when i eat rubbish i put it on of course . but when eating healthy and smaller amounts i do really good. I lost half a stone but after i had my lap done i put 4 and a half back on :( so its back to the start for me lol.. I am all so 13st need to get down to 9 or 10 .. size 12 would be fab :) i was a 12 until i stopped smoking over 1 year ago i have slowly watched the pounds pile on :O xx

oh and i have agreed to start ttc come september/october. until then we are ntnp but I'm the meantime i want to lose a lot of weight... I'm 5 foot 2 inches and weigh 95 kilos (15 stone).. id like to get back down to 10 stone but 11-12 stone before october..

i don't have any dieting tips really but I've started by just cutting out most of my fizzy drinks..

Am really bad for fizzy drinks :0 all tho they do say all diet drinks are zero

I've been trying since January to loose the weight. So far lost about 16lb and at half way mark. Got until September really to lose the rest!

Hello, thank you everyone for your replies :flower: sorry ive taken so long to post back.

CatherineS, i too have irregular periods that are at the moment about 8 weeks apart but in the past have also been more than a 11 weeks apart, i am hoping it is just due to my weight but i guess i should really seek better medical advice to rule out anything else, but hate going doctors like i guess most people do. have you been told your irregular periods are due to your weight?

threebirds, it isnt easier being a veggie is it as many people guess that because we dont eat meat and have more veg that we would find it easier with weight, as me and you both know thats not the case :) goodluck with getting your bmi down for your appointment and also goodluck with the ivf :)

i did weigh myself at my mums on friday, she has a scale in her bathroom so couldnt stop myself seeing lol and even though i havent started dieting yet i am lighter than i thought. a couple of months ago i weighed myself (at mums again lol) and i was over 17 and half but on friday i was 17 and 2 pounds and i also had something to eat so id say im starting off weight is half a stone less than i thought, yay :haha:

goodluck everyone on their weight loss journey before trying to conceive and feel free to keep posting back here with your updates good or bad, but hopefully good :) im hoping to start my dieting in this coming week maybe not properly but just make a smaller change at first like not having chocolate and other bad snacks every day and just have a treat once a week. if i can do that for a couple of weeks then i might feel i can make a bigger change with my proper meals aswell.

bye for now

Heather :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"