Any one taking folic acid?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
I have loads left over from when i had my scare and i know its recomended to take them 3m before you ttc but since i have no idea when i am going to ttc so should i start taking them now? It could be years before OH gives the go ahead?

hmm, maybe you should just take a multivitamin, which still contains 100% rda for folic acid, until he gives you the go ahead, then stop as soon as you decide and go for the folic then? That way your body is getting everything it needs to make it healthy ready for when you do start TTC? x

good luck! Hope your OH changes his mind soon! xx

thanks bunny but fat chance of that happenin in the next 2 years, im hoping for a drunken fumble one night and he forgets to put one on:happydance:

ha! Your OH sounds just like mine! Even though a lot of the reasons for waiting I wholeheartedly agree with, there have been times I have tried to convince him to not put one on - but it never worked!!!

My OH's reasons are all selfish, the main one is "i just dont want one yet". If he had valid reasons like i was us to be married first, or we need to save some money ect i wouldent be so bitter and would accept it.

It will happen! My hubby was definitely like that, saying he didn't want one, then would say wait till we're 30, then it would be 1 or none and all of this, then he changed his mind and really came round to the idea - I couldn't believe it. Now he can't wait!! He gets almost as excited as me!! x

My OH wont even give me an age/date. Hope your time comes round soon. Think iv got some mulit-vits in the cubord

I've been taking folic acid since Christmas. Mainly 'cos I wanted to get my body prepared and be ready for whenever DH gave the go-ahead. I don't think you can OD on vitamims.

I think you need to be carefull with vit a, i think thats the only one you can OD on.

Really? Well I tell you, you learn something new everyday!

Thats why they tell you not to eat liver when pregnant cos it can give your baby vit a posioning.

Found this
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...s/vitamins-are-you-getting-enough-520979.html

I take folic acid and I'm not trying for 9+ months. My doctor suggested women at a child bearing age should take folic acid "just in case".

Hey honey, my mum's a midwife & says you can take folic acid for years without there being a problem, only issue might be if you are anaemic as it can hide some kind of deficiency... anyways, hope that is helpful :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->