any other moms taking acyclovir at 36 weeks?

brittanyxo

Reaction score
my doctor has prescribed me to take acyclovir from 36 weeks to my delivery date, I am extremely nervous so I am wondering if any other moms have taken this kind of medicine at 36 weeks for genital herpes and if their baby was ok after delivery. I know there is only a 1 percent chance of the medicine doing something bad to the baby but that 1 percent chance is still a chance.. also I was doing research and read that even with the medication the virus can still get to the baby when your water breaks or if they have to use forceps and fetal heart monitor during vaginal labour.. so that's making me even more nervous but after I researched c sections there's a lot of risks of complications with that..
please help, any other moms with gh that can give me advice or tell me what they did and how there labour went???

I'm taking them. I would rather take the tablets then risk my baby getting sick. I had my first outbreak when I was heavily pregnant with DD which turned into having an emergency c section. I've been given the ok to have a VBAC this time, as long as I take the meds..Would much rather that 1% then risk my baby catching herpes! (which they can get anywhere on or in their body!!)

I am taking it. Agree with the above.

I had a vaginal birth last time (no outbreak at delivery) and no problems..

has the doctors said anything about the use of forceps and fetal heart monitor being safe during labour and having your water broken?
I am going to talk to my doctor about all of the questions I have before I start the pills in a couple days but just wanting to know what other moms have heard and what there doing..
it sucks that delivery has to be a stress with this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->