Any parents struggling to get into a wedding mood?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
This sounds awful, but I just can't get into the 'role' of a bride!

We got engaged before I fell pregnant with Micah, he was a huge (very happy!)surprise. We had planned to marry and then TTC...

So it's been 3 years since we got engaged now and we've finally booked our venue and set a date for next April. It's only 7 months away and I just can't get motivated to organise it! We haven't sent invitations yet or anything! I have my dress which is exciting but not how I thought I'd feel.

I thought I'd spend loads of time planning and day dreaming and making mood boards etc, but I still spend my (rare) free time looking at parenting blogs and organising Micah's stuff rather than our wedding. It's like being 'Mum' trumps being 'Bride'!

Does anyone else feel like this? Any tips to get more into the bridal frame of mind?

I'm the same. I'm so excited to get married and be with my OH forever. But it's not like how I thought it would be arranging my wedding, DS is number and I would rather spend my day off with him than at a wedding fayre.

We're getting married December next year but I feel the same way. I have so much planning and organising to do for our little guy's arrival that the wedding has dropped to the bottom of my priority list. I don't see it getting any easier after Lincoln is born. Need to get my bum in gear really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->