Any recommendations for a breast feeding cover?

Itsychik

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a breast feeding cover?

I'm expecting #2 and I didn't use a cover with #1, but I also REFUSED to NIP or feed around anyone other than DH, so I'm hoping that now that I have a better idea of how to breastfeed I'll feel comfortable doing so when I'm with friends/family if I have a cover.

I've been looking around and have found a couple of recommendations on Amazon, but was hoping someone with personal experience could offer some insight?

Thanks in advance! :flower:

I always think that covers make it so much more obvious that your breastfeeding. Before I stopped giving a monkeys what people thought I used a pretty scarf as a nursing cover. Its enough to keep the boobs completely out of site, a lot cheaper and doesn't say "I've got my boobies out under here" the same way a nursing cover does.

ETA: and you can have loads of them to co-ordinate with different outfits!!

Consider wearing layers, :) that's how I NIP .
Just pull the too shirt up and bottom one down and tada! Your covered. Lol

I do the double layer thing and also put her in a sling. She's in the sling whether or not I'm nursing so you really can't tell the difference but everything is covered up. If I do use a "cover" I just use a baby blanket and wrap the corner around my bra strap to secure it into place and let it draper over her.

It actually took me a good 4 months to learn this with my first. I did use layers, but my DS would come off a lot (and often times milk would spray everywhere) and I would have been mortified had that happened in front of someone other than DH! Especially as DS got older/more easily distracted he would try looking around and even with the layers I felt uncomfortable with an exposed nipple.

I do the double layer thing and also put her in a sling. She's in the sling whether or not I'm nursing so you really can't tell the difference but everything is covered up. If I do use a "cover" I just use a baby blanket and wrap the corner around my bra strap to secure it into place and let it draper over her.

What kind of sling do you use? I've heard of ladies doing this but never used one myself so don't know how it works.

I use a shawl or his muslim wrap, but I like to nurse in the car anyway, by the time he can swat the cover away, he wouldn't nurse when there are distractions, it has to be somewhere quiet.

Hi, I had a mama scarf with my first son which was great but he got quite cross being so covered up and hot as he was a June baby, this time I have a peekaboo and it's bigger and gives maximum coverage plus comes in a range of gorgeous designs at a reasonable price, x

It actually took me a good 4 months to learn this with my first. I did use layers, but my DS would come off a lot (and often times milk would spray everywhere) and I would have been mortified had that happened in front of someone other than DH! Especially as DS got older/more easily distracted he would try looking around and even with the layers I felt uncomfortable with an exposed nipple.

What kind of sling do you use? I've heard of ladies doing this but never used one myself so don't know how it works.

I use a pouch from rockin baby shop. https://www.rockinbaby.com/category-s/1814.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->