Any restless leg syndrome sufferers?

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any one on here suffers from restless syndrome and if you do, would you share your symptoms/how it feels with me?

I've never suffered with it but I think my five year old might but it is difficult because she cant really explain how it feels. She takes ages to fall asleep at night and the whole time her legs fidget, she often wakes because of her legs and the constant moving and the way she has described it to me tonight is that it feels like her legs never relax, before she has said they are never comfortable.

Not sure what to think.

Im getting it a lot at the moment but mostly because of swelling in the legs and ankles with the pregnancy.
Its like a warm itchy feeling as though if you keep it still the heat gets worse and worse until you have to shake it off.
I find it more of a compulsion type thing even though the ache and itch is deffinetly real theres a kind of phsyicological eliment to it as well as though if you don't give in and shake or wriggle its going to drive you insane almost like a twitch.
Its a very odd thing :)

meeee! it sounds like she has restless legs tbh. mine started really young as well but have been so much better in the last year or so after i changed my diet but i don't know what thing i removed helped it if you know what i mean!

does she like bananas?

oops, forgot - I don't know how to describe it, my legs feel like they need stretched out especially at the joints and there's a moving/crawling/irritating feeling in them that I can't describe. it's honestly so horrible, I used to wake up in the night with my legs kicking :haha: I could never get to sleep either, it used to make me cry :haha:

the annoying thing is that moving them does not help at all :/

Thanks for sharing the symptoms and feeling smokey and foquita.

I do know what you mean, maybe I need to cut out one thing of her diet at a time and try to figure out if anything affects it. She doesn't like bananas at all.

:hugs: to you both, sounds horrid.

that's a shame she doesn't like bananas, I've found they help! or maybe it's a placebo after I read that they help. i think it's the potassium? so you could maybe try some other potassium rich food? standing on a cold floor in bare feet is good too :)

I have to lie in a particular position and not even be able to feel my OH anywhere near any of my body to sleep. poor guy :haha: if he touches me it makes it so much worse!

I will have a look at potassium rich foods then, thank you.

Hahaha, at your poor partner. Kick him out of bed instead :haha:

that's a shame she doesn't like bananas, I've found they help! or maybe it's a placebo after I read that they help. i think it's the potassium? so you could maybe try some other potassium rich food? standing on a cold floor in bare feet is good too :)

I have to lie in a particular position and not even be able to feel my OH anywhere near any of my body to sleep. poor guy :haha: if he touches me it makes it so much worse!

Whats interesting is that both of the things you say eases it are common for easing cramps in legs, maybe yours is nerve itching caused by spasms of the muscles.

Tasha try a Iron supplement as most often its from a Iron defficiancy, I get mine from being anemic which is worse at the moment.

She is looking pale at the moment, and no doubt you've seen me moan that I suffer from chronic severe anaemia. I will get her on a supplement and see if it helps, thank you x

Ohmygosh. Always had this on and off its so annoying when your trying to get to sleep and you toss and turn because your legs just don't feel comfortable any which way.

It's funny you said you have anaemia, as I've always been on the anaemic side, an iron supplement could help, sometimes I have to give my muscles a quick massage when its bad. Also putting a pillow between legs at night

Thanks Tashee. I will deffo give the iron a go for her x

I get restless legs as a side effect of my anti depressants. Xx

thanks for the diagnosis smokey, didn't know you had qualified as a doctor :haha:

Aw I had this in pregnancy-your poor LO. I was anemic too. xxx

Oh bless her its awful, I don't get it as much now but when I was pregnant I had it really bad my legs would constantly spasm or I'd have the constant need to move them if I didnt they would hurt and ache so much I was constantly tired Aswell where it would keep me awake at night

:hugs:xx

aw I forgot how bad it was when I was on antidepressants, feel for you two girls! :( citalopram by any chance?

I get both restless legs and restless arms (common symptoms of fibromyalgia). What the girls said is how I would describe it too, like an itch that spreads the entire length of your arm / legs but is INSIDE you so nothing you can do about it. It will start twitching and kicking out will relieve it for a few seconds. I've actually found that if I don't kick out and even actively try to stop myself, I eventually lose the battle and my muscles will spasm themselves without my input. No avoiding it.

My arms are the worst for it, and I quite frequently accidentally punch my husband at night due to it.

I take magnesium to help with my restless legs. I'm not sure if little ones could take a magnesium supplement but it may be worth a look. My OHs nan got me onto it and it seems to help a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->