Any static caravan owners?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Was just wondering if anyone owns a static caravan and can it be done on a lower budget? We are considering it, not for a few years yet but seriously think we are gonna look into it!

What costs etc are involved? We have lots of family and friends who would want to hire it off us!

Xx

my friend has one, i guess it depends where you would be having it

hers was on marton mere which is a haven park in blackpool

aside from site costs and gas bottles, the biggest cost she had was replacing things that people wrecked/ruined when she let haven rent it out and it got so bad she stopped letting it out through them, and only lets family and very close freinds in it now

she also moved it this year to a quiet private site

Hey hun we have one, well more so parents do!

It cost 35000 which is quite a bit but then you have site fees and gas elec rates.

i think you can buy like ex hire ones which are gorgeous too!

My lo loves it she plays out on the decking all day and has so much freedom going in and out,

x

My mum has just bought one, she did spend £10K on hers and the site fee's are £2k a year. We are looking into it and it can be done a lot more cheaply, I know of one caravan up for only £900! You obviously still have the site fees every year though. x

Thanks! Embo where abouts is it? One we were looking at site fees 4k

i cant believe how much they cost!

hiya honey - we've just bought one this year. initially we bought a cheapie at£500 just to see how we would like it. We really enjoy it and amy has so much fun, so decided a couple of months ago to buy a more up to date one. Got a great one for £5250. Our site fees are £950 a year, which includes £50 off your electric. Gas is just over £20 a bottle and that does us for a good while. I highly recommend it to anyone with small children. Depending on where your site is/what facilities it has your fees will go up. we have little to no facilities on our site, but the beach is a 2 min walk as is the park and the shops, so it doesn't bother us. if you have any questions feel free to give me a shout xx

My mums is near Harwich a place called dovercourt. It has loads included for that price even a pool!

Also meant to say hun mum & dads site only allows statics to be 15 years old then you have to get rid... pretty ridiculous conidering the cost so also check that out! We run off mains gas so get a bill every 4 months i'm sure. site fees a year are 1800.

x

My Parents looked at a few this summer for around 60k :/ personally for that price i wouldn't lol. But if you can get them for cheap then i don't see why not :)

edit: I meant 30 lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->