Any success turning baby to anterior position?

Emmymommy

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Babe is currently head down (yay) and favours lying on my right side, sometimes flipping over to the left. Midwife thinks this will make it more likely he'll be posterior during labour, which means the dreaded back labour! I have a few exercises and position suggestions for trying to get him anterior, just wondering if anyone has personal experience and/or success?

Oh nooooo I had back labour with dd. I am hoping to avoid it this time and that's what my baby is doing again too. I also have an anterior placenta which I had last time and I hear that doesn't help either.

I am in exactly the same position, today she was on my left and my due date tomorrow.
Midwife told me that most likely she will turn into normal posistion during labour
The advice ive been given it to leanforward and not sit back, so gravity will turn her, but she has mind of her own :)

I was super worried about this too as I had an anterior placenta and baby was back to back, I don't know if I turned him prior or if he turned during labor, here are the exercises I started doing at 35 weeks, he was born in the correct position at 37 weeks! Milescircuit.com

The nurse told me most babies turn during labor, I read it in What to Expect too. I'd do the recommanded excercises but wouldn't be too worried :)

So far no. I started doing daily exercises, watching my posture and all the rest of it from about 19/20 weeks. Baby went from transverse to head down at 27 weeks but always facing sideways. Constantly swapping which side it was facing then at 36 weeks went back to back and has stayed that way.

Scrub the floors get baby to swing round. That being said all mine were back to back

The consensus from research seems to be what DannaD said - do the exercises but don't stress! Getting a birthing ball tomorrow and I plan to lean on that instead of reclining, going to do inversions daily and spend time on all fours daily. We'll see how that goes! I still have lots of time and see that many concur that babies do tend to go anterior during labour anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->