Any tips for not feeling devastated when you get your period?

MonstersBride

Reaction score
I feel like I'm being overdramatic, and maybe I am because of the hormones, but I just feel so empty and sad.

Sorry I can't be any help, I felt the exact same every month when I got that :bfn: :( But I just would try to focus on the next cycle, and think about what I could improve and focus on to make sure we had better timing.

TTC can be so stressful, I never imagined how hard the journey to motherhood would be.

:hugs:

Sorry I think I can't be any help either...just got another bfn...feeling sad and hopeless...sometimes I drink wine when i get my bfn lol...
Try to be positive and patient, even miracle may take some time!
Baby dust to everyone who's trying! :)

After years of that pain.. I still don't have tips. But I want you to know you're not overdramatic, or every ttc woman is :haha: it's so hard and it does make you feel so empty and you sort of feel a sense of loss every month too. It is also hormones because we're hormonal at af time and sad so it's a nasty mix. I was extra kind to myself, I'd take any opportunity to curl up in bed with a funny TV show and chocolate and my hubby would be extra sweet too.
Sending :hug: and lots of magic dust xx

I've been the same through all these cycles. It is extremely hard not to be devastated. It feels like I've lost something every time it's a BFN.

The things I look at to try and get past it all is what can i do better next cycle i.e. this cycle I concentrated on my water intake and trying not to concentrate on what went wrong or thinking ill of myself.

Not much help I know, but we are all so hard on ourselves. I'm queen of complaining and negativity, so it's great that we have each other for support through this exciting and stressful journey.

Good luck this cycle.

timing is everything and every first with your pregnancy and baby will happen on all the days theyre meant to come on. Keep your head up. <3

My af arrived today, feel gutted tbh but will try and feel positive for next cycle

Im always gutted when af comes its aweful . Especially with all the people around me who are getting pregnant.

I focus on my buisness and hobbies and it helps

I know exactly how you feel. Ive cried my eyes out with a lot of AFs even when i knew i wasn't PG. I just try to look at every AF as a new start to start getting my body healthy and my mind prepared to go into my next fertile window to try again.

I have been there! We have only been TTC for a few months, and even though my cycle has always been irregular, I always get my hopes up. I just keep telling myself, "maybe next month!" and look forward to when that day comes :)

AF arrived full force today, but I was heavily spotting yesterday and knew it would come today so I talked DH into taking me for sushi and drowned my sorrows in some nigiri. Last cycle I cried when AF showed up, and it was my first month TTC... :hugs:

Good for you Stormy, that sounds nice!! We should always pamper ourselves when we get down.

It really does feel like coping with a loss, it's such (to use the cliche) an emotional rollercoaster.

I have irregular cycles too which makes it so confusing. Sometimes it's a 1WW and sometimes it's a 3WW. If I start feeling feeling crampy at like 15 or 16 dpo I'm like might as well just wait and not waste a test. This month I started spotting 5 days early and I was like how do I know if it's implantation or period? lol and behold two days later I'm curled up in bed crying with a heating pad... yet again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->