Any tips?

Dizzy321

very proud mammy to 3!
Reaction score
I started my diet on 4th January and so far I have lost 77lbs, the weight loss has really slowed down even though I am trying just as hard and I have stayed the same weight now for 6 weeks, getting very frustrated :nope: as I still am not even half way there :dohh::dohh:
I even walked 2.5 miles every day last week for a week and I always count every calorie I eat.....still stayed the same :growlmad:

Any tips please??? I am going to see the GP on Tue to see what he says or if he will give me some tablets but not sure they will do anything for me cos I already stick to a low fat diet!?

Ideas what might get the weight moving again please :wacko:

I *think* maybe the doc will be inclined to help as you have proven you want to loose the weight you just need a little help.

You've done so well to do it the 'proper' way, I have no patience and im lazy haha!! Keep it up! x

Thanks hun. Its so frustrating! I say the same to you though, I could never do a VLCD like CD far to hard for me :nope: you must have some willpower not to eat at all! its annoying cos my willpower is still so high which is good since I have been on the diet 11 months but my body must have gotten used to my new calorie intake and I must be in Plateau :cry:

This part of dieting is everyones hate.

I am the same BUT i am fitting into things i couldnt 4 weeks back. So something is happening. You keep track measurements?

Ive heard, mixing things up with your calories help, doing a big workout session to shock your body, up your water even more. Ive tried all but nothing. These things do pass, just body catching up with the changes.

It may sound strange but in the past when I've not lost for a few weeks I've had a week or two of upping my calories, not by a lot 100/200 extra calories a day, it just shakes your body & your metabolism and for me has always kick started the weight loss again.

I hope you find something that works

xXx

Thanks girls :) I am scared to up my calories but it may be what I need to do!! will see how this weeks WI goes xx

Most plateus are due to not progressing your workouts and/or because your calories aren't right. You should only be in deficit by 500 calories a day with 1 day of no deficit so that you dont damage your matabolism. Have you tried myfitnesspal? It's really good at working out how many calories you should be eating taking into account the exercise you do.

Thanks hun, Yeah I am on myfittness pal. I think it may be my calories, I am going to lower them and get back to being more strict. I have just bought some kitchen scales and have started weighing things like my breakfast cereal. I am speed walking 2.5 miles per day, do you think thats enough? I have just been to tescos and got lots of fruit n veg in and planned my full weeks menus so we shall see what that does!! :D

Hi Paula,
my tips are up the amount of water you are drinking or drink herbal teas instead of water (no calories but has a bit more flavour than just water). Reduce the amount of carbs you have after 5pm. xx

I would definitely try and have a cheat day where you relax your calories a bit. I always eat whatever I want (within reason) on the day that I weigh in and I do think it's helped overall with my weight loss.

You've done so well to get as far as you can!!! Hope you find something that helps kick-start your loss again :)

Thanks Kasey :) yeah I need to drink more water!! dont drink near enough :nope: xx

Thanks hun, Yeah I am on myfittness pal. I think it may be my calories, I am going to lower them and get back to being more strict. I have just bought some kitchen scales and have started weighing things like my breakfast cereal. I am speed walking 2.5 miles per day, do you think thats enough? I have just been to tescos and got lots of fruit n veg in and planned my full weeks menus so we shall see what that does!! :D

I dont exercise as much as i did i only walk now i can see a big differance on lbs its no where as near good losses as before.

Hopefully once i get extra bits for my xbox & few dvd's it'll come back.

Ive used kitchen scales from the start massive help.

Sorry don`t have any tips for you, but Just wanted to say a well done, 77lbs since Jan is Fantastic well done you. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->