Any type 1 Diabetics ?

DueInMay2015

Reaction score
Hey , I'm 23 years old and my partner is 25 .

This is our first baby and I have type 1 diabetes currently 23 weeks pregnant , just wondered if there was any other type 1 diabetic mummy's to be and how you are getting on throughout your pregnancy and controlling your diabetes ?

:baby: :D :baby:

Hi DueInMay. I'm 28+4 weeks pregnant (with first baby) and due in April (although looking like induction at 38 weeks so will be end of March!
I'm 33 and been diabetic type 1 for 4 years!
Iv been living in Switzerland for last few years but despite everyone raving about the healthcare here (I have had many bad experiences!) I decided few months ago to have the baby in England and have been flying back for appts!
I am driving home in 9 days to stay until after the birth!
I am being seen at Solihull hospital and will have baby at heartlands, birmingham...where are you?
How's your HBA1c doing and control in general?
My was as good as 5.3, prob bit higher now, it's a lot harder since I got insulin resistant at around 22-23 weeks! I have a lot of peaks after meals unfortunately!
Anyway feel free to PM me or chat on here!!!
Laura :flower:

Hey it's lovely to hear from you :)
Sorry I'm new to this forum and not sure how to send you a personal message lol .

Congratulations on your pregnancy , sorry to hear about your hard times with appointments , are you happy with the appointments and help you are receiving in England now ? That seems a lot of hard work for you to put into this with the flying to attend appointments , sounds worth it for baby though if your happier with how things are going now for you .
Bet it feels great to be at 28 weeks that bit further to be closer to meeting baby .
I'm from the United Kingdom and I'm from essex . I've had diabetes for 16 years this year .
Wow your hba1c is amazing ! Are you on the pump or injections ?
My latest hba1c was 6.0 % I'm due to have another one done with in the next few weeks so feel nervous for that , over all my control is good and I'm happy with it and so are my diabetes team at the hospital , they are mostly in target for now lol , but I do get the occasionall low and high . Like you said between week 22-23 u became insulin resistant , well I started to hypo and have had to drop my insulin intake , thought that was very strange but hospital said it's all normal and what to do if things change.
How did your 20 week scan go did you find out what you are expecting ?

:D

Hey there,
I hope you and baby are doing well!
I'm on injections but they keep talking to me about a pump after this pregnancy as iv lost a lot of my hypo signs (can get to 2.8 without any signs!):nope: I'm not keen as I think if I run my blood sugars a bit higher for a while my hypo signs will prob return!
Are you on a pump?
What are the protocols for labour at your hospital? I will be induced at 38 weeks and will be on a sliding scale! Eeeeek! It's really not the birth I want but the antenatal/diabetes team have been so good i feel I should trust them! (Esp as changed to having my baby in England due to better care!)
So next weekend my hubby will drive the dogs and I back to England to stay!!! I can't believe this is my last weekend In zurich without a baby! :happydance:Makes it all seem scarily close :wacko: despite the fact that I won't be induced until around 30th March!
I'm looking forward to finishing work this week, I work in a kindergarten and all the lifting and bending down is taking it's toll! Do you work? How are you managing?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

Hey. :hi:
Me and baby are doing very well thank you , 24 weeks today yay lol .
How's you and your baby doing ?

Oh no do they , yeah can imagine that isn't nice as you don't want to go onto pump , yeah I would of thought the same by running a bit higher after pregnancy it would return , that's low isn't it bet that can be worrying too , I'm lucky and have still got my hypo awareness . I was offered a pump at pre conception clinic but I really don't like the idea of it so I'm on injections and would love to stay on injections no ones mentioned the pump since , what insulin are you taking ?

Yeah that's exactly the same at my hospital too , be induced at 38 weeks and go onto a sliding scale , I don't know when I will be induced yet and not sure when I will be told either actually . I'm 24 weeks so a bit behind you , when did they let you know ?

Awr that's so exciting what dogs do you have ? I know I bet it still hasn't sunk it still feels unreal here even with the growing bump and all the movements lol . How exciting that you actually know the date you will be induced .
Do you know what sex your little one is ?

Oh wow yeah I bet that has been a struggle with work , specially with the up and down all the time .
Hope you've had a good weekend :) x

Hey, :hi:
Ah that's great! I felt really excited to reach 24 weeks, just felt like another milestone (think they call it V day!)
I am really sick :nope: went to ' emergency doctor ' yesterday and thinks I have bronchitis! Could be viral but blood tests showed signs of infection so am going back this am for more blood tests! Feel like absolute crap! Iv done so well this pregnancy though, this is my first illness! They might give me antibiotics today but they are not keen! Thing is my blood sugars shoot up when I'm ill! Baby still kicking around and seems happy!

Haven't got a date for induction but they said 38 weeks and my OB starts them on Mondays so I'm guessing March 30th! Which means I will have baby for my bday on 3 rdApril!

We are having a boy! Found out super early at 15.5 weeks! Do you know what your having????

We have 2 boston terriers! They are my fur babies!
Do you work? What do you do?

Hope you had a great weekend !
:flower:

Bet you feel even better now your past 24 weeks , yeah that's exactly what I feel like , I can see the finish line now lol . Oh do they I've not heard of that before .

Oh my that doesn't sound good at all you must be feeling like crap , that's such a shame if it is infection as it's not just the illness you have to deal with it is it's the whole managing diabetes and always sends it off the scale . Must be a worrying time for you right now , how high have they been going since you've became ill , yeah sounds like you've done well with only being ill this once , how did it go this morning any more news on whats happening ?

That's still very exciting to think march isn't that long away now , awr that be a lovely birthday present to have your little baby .
Congratulations on knowing your having a baby boy , oh wow yeah that was early , we really wanted to know at our 20 week scan but sonographer tried twice and said she really doesn't know , tried a third time and she said right I 'think' it's a boy , but not certain and to ask at our next scan , feeling very impatient now to know , but so happy baby is healthy .

Were the exact same lol we've got dogs , and then our babies but they are actually rabbits lol .

Oh sorry didn't realise I forgot to reply to that question last time , I'm not working no , my partner works and provides for me , suppose it's sort of an old fashion view on things but works well for us lol .

Hope your not doing to bad take care. x

Heya, well it turns out I have pneumonia and bronchitis! I have just about managed to stay out of hospital today! If I control temp and sugars and take the meds (and hubby had to stay home to look after me) then hopefully they won't make me go in! (Baby boy was kicking around and all fine!)

Yeah 'v' day for viability day as in the baby is old enough to stand a good chance if it were to come early

What dogs do you have? Do you have house rabbits or outside rabbits?

My hubby and I also have quite old fashion roles! I only work part time since we moved to Switzerland! And he works hard to provide for us! Poor thing has been forced to cook for me the last 2 nights and has done so well!

So when is your next scan? Are you going to ask the sex again? Do you have an intuition?
X

Hey, sorry for the long reply , oh my you sound as if your going right through it all at the moment , I bet that was unexpected , yeah you sound so lucky with what they've said you have got to not of been kept in , very lucky , oh bless your hubby I bet he doesn't mind though , and if his a good cook that's a bonus for you lol . So glad you said he was kicking about ect , that helps knowing that doesn't it must be worrying .

How are you doing now , how's things going ?
Oh I get the whole v day now makes more sense lol .

We have staffies there brilliant :) , yeah the bunnies are inside bunnies we say they live in a bunny hotel as that's what it looks like lol .

Oh do you , yeah similar views on things then , where did you live before you moved to Switzerland ?

Had my hospital appointment today , there really happy with my blood sugar readings which made me feel really good , and got told I got a nice little neat bump shocked at that comment lol , got to hear baby's heartbeat again which is always amazing to hear . My next scan will be on the 25th feb , and yeah we will be definitely asking really wanting to know now so hope we can have a peep , do you know what no I haven't lol I suppose we're thinking boy as what sonographer had told us , so think we're swaying more to be a boy but still not certain, hope the next four weeks don't drag lol .

How have your bloods been with all that you've got going on at the moment ,

Take care. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back