any UK ladies who got married in the us?

FsMummy

single mum to 4 cuties
Reaction score
just curious what legal stuff has to be done. we are looking into getting married abroad and checking out places like us and italy etc my oh likes italy but i've got my heart set on a vegas wedding :thumbup: ive been looking it up online and its so confusing!

I got married in Vegas two years ago, it's fab! Legal-wise, the only thing you need to do is go to the marriage licence bureau at the courthouse before your wedding to pick up your marriage licence, that's it. You could even do it on the day, we saw people in their full wedding outfits there! :haha:

oh wow! i have always wanted to get married in vegas. oh says its taky but he knows how much i want to so hes cool with it i think. how do u go about arranging getting the marriage lisence. i was worried if i got married in the us it wouldnt be valid over here

i was also wondering what i would have to do over here before we could get married there, like giving notice of marriage and stuff. everything ive read says about contacting an embassy or something (i really dont get all this lol)

you should definately do it!:happydance: There's some lovely venues there now, it's only tacky if you want it to be. We got married at the Little Chapel of Flowers, it's really nice and tasteful, and some of the hotel's chapels are gorgeous as well. You don't need to do anything to make it legal here, once your married that's it. It's really easy to get your marriage licence as well. Just turn up at the Las Vegas courthouse with your passports (maybe birth certificates too, can't remember though!), fill in a form, hand it over with your money, and they give you a licence which you hand in at the chapel or wherever your getting married. It's really easy! Some info here on getting the licence:

https://www.accessclarkcounty.com/depts/clerk/Pages/marriage_information.aspx

ah excellent thanks! tbh i think tacky vegas weddings r great lol i told oh we could get elvis to marry us but he said he draws the line at that :rofl: i was looking at that chapel earlier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->