any vegetarian/vegan ladies want to share tips ect?

slowloris

Reaction score
Hi there,
Im 'almost' vegan in the sense i only eat eggs, {no milk,cheese,yoghurt ect}
this is the second time ive been preggo, although last time lost it at 8 weeks.
so pretty new to it really, and with morning sickness, food aversions ect, just wondered if there was anyone to help suggest healthy foods ect to eat!
I am a pretty healthy eater as i have to make sure i get enough nutrients ect. However before being preggo i used to take a super juice with loads of vitamins in... it has vitamin A in though so can no longer take it.
thinking of getting an all round pregnancy one instead, but not sure it its vegetarian?!
:wacko:

Hi, I'm vegan and currently TTC (1st month)
How long have you been vegan (almost vegan?)
I'm going on 2.5 yrs and 4 yrs vegetarian. From what I've read just make sure to get enough protein and take your vitamins (B especially) and you should be good!
Do you cook a lot? I make almost everything from scratch (way cheaper and I just like it better than store bought)
Will totally swap some recipes some time!

Hi! I ve been vegan (was fully till recently) for 3 years. I also cook alot as i enjoy cooking and find shop bought never tastes as good! My oh has been vegetarian his whole life with a vege mum and vegan dad! So we are quite lucky in that sense. I decided to start eating eggs to up protien intake. I only by from local farms and my next door neighbour tho, as i chose to be vegan out of dislike for the meat industry!

The worst thing foR me at the mo is ive been put off loads.of food by this preg! Just trying to find the things i can stomach hopefully tha will.pass after 1st tri.

Do you take Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar? Can help with stomach issues. I take first thing in the morning, resets your pH. If you aren't opposed to raw honey (which I'm not, it's great for my allergies) you can make some decaf tea, put the ACV and honey in there, helps to mask the taste. :)
Might help with being put off with different foods. If you can stomach grains, quinoa and lentils might be good to help keep your protein up, or even doing smoothies and blending some silken tofu or protein powder in with a little bit of spinach and lots of fruit to sweeten it up!

Thanks thoSe are all great ideas and i ha e most of those ingredients tO hand already :). I foUnd using tofu to make tasty fajitas is helping me get some intake. Plus i stuff them with lots oF veggies! I read somewhere that alfalfa sprouts are no good during pRegnancy. Do u think that's true!? IM gonna double check with midwife as a love them!!

Found this link: https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/foods-to-avoid-when-youre-pregnant?page=2
But this seems like raw is bad, I wonder about cooked? That might be a question for your midwife!

Thanks that link is way more informative than the one i saw. I wonder if they keep any of the nutrients cooked tho. I might try to hunt down a pregnancy book specific to vege mums. I wonder if one will exist?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->