any vets out there need ur advice!

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
Hi i have ano american bulldog who is 4yrs. Well tonight my hubby gave him about a 50pence size of tinned salmon on his hand. Then 30mins later he was sick. After about 2hrs i gave him a few dry dog biscuits and he was sick again$

I have read that salmon is dangrous for dogs is this true and if so how much will effect him!? He only had a small amount!

Please give me some advice cos im worried!

Thanks Becci x

my dog as the same reaction to chicken (She allergic to chicken). Offer lots of water, if serving your dog dry food try adding a small amount of water to make it a little moist.

As for the Salmon
Salmon itself is not poisonous. However, there is a syndrome in dogs called salmon poisoning. This creates some confusion. Salmon poisoning occurs when a dog consumes raw salmon or trout containing a dangerous parasite. The parasite causes the inappropriately named disease, which can be fatal.

The parasite involved in salmon poisoning is most common along the Pacific coasts of Oregon, Washington, and Canada. There have been reports of salmon poisoning in northern California as well.

Cooking salmon kills the parasite, as well as disease-causing bacteria that may be present on the meat.

For the raw food fans out there: yes, raw fish can be included in dogs’ diets. But I recommend that you take some precautions. Feed only sushi grade fish, and avoid raw salmon.

Hi i have ano american bulldog who is 4yrs. Well tonight my hubby gave him about a 50pence size of tinned salmon on his hand. Then 30mins later he was sick. After about 2hrs i gave him a few dry dog biscuits and he was sick again$

I have read that salmon is dangrous for dogs is this true and if so how much will effect him!? He only had a small amount!

Please give me some advice cos im worried!

Thanks Becci x

Hiya, I worked in a vets surgery for a while. As far as I know raw salmon can be toxic to dogs, I don't think the symptoms would show up that quickly though. I think it can take 4-6 days for them to show after they've eaten the salmon.

Is he just being sick or does he have other symptoms?

He is just being sick! He is feelin sorry 4 himself but he is still wanting cuddles. He had biscuits but then was sick again so he isnt off his food! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->