Any1 TTC no 2 but worried after 1st difficult labour?

im_a_mum

TTC no 2
Reaction score
Hi,

Im TTC no 2 but am a little worried about going through labour a 2nd time. I have a retroverted cervix which didnt correct itself during pregnancy, and was pushed further back when my baby's head engaged. Didnt go into labour naturally, and didnt respond to induction very well. After 3rd and final attempt with induction gel, my waters were broken and was put on drip. Was an assisted delivery with ventouse and tore badly. Took 9 weeks to heal, would have got over a c-section quicker.

I am now TTC no 2 and am worried this could happen again. Anyone else in same situation, or know if i could request c-section this time?

Thanks

hi, I am planning on ttc from sept this year, and this is something that I am thinking about a lot at the min!
My first labour took 22 hours and ended up having 2 epidurals as the first one wore off, eventually had a ventouse delivery as dyl was just not coming out due to being back to back with me and so just kept slipping back. I often wonder if I could have done something to make my labour easier for myself and my son, and so now I'm going for a 2nd I want to make this one a lot easier!
I think you can request a c section if you have a good enough reason for why, but if your pregnancy is relatively low risk they may advise against it, but with your prior history I cannot see why they wouldn't take it into consideration.
Personally I think I'm going to try again for a natural birth, but maybe speak to mw about my concerns and get more advice.

dont know if that helped at all :)

Glad to know other people have same worries (hope that doesnt sound mean!) So many of my friends had fabulous births, and have no qualms about going through labour again! I know that MW's etc will advise natural birth, but i dont think will ease my worries any!! my 'natural' birth had nothing natural about it, so if c-section is an option, i think id take it.

Hope all goes well for you in TTC, and future birth! They do say 2nd time is easier, lets hope its true!!

:)

I had an emerg csection at 33+4 with my lo (who is doing great) and tbh im TERRIFIED of actual labour as I didnt get that far first time round. Id be high risk and while they will no doubt encourage a VBAC a section may be inevitable if I take pre-eclampsia again, was all a bit scary and plays on my mind what 'real' labour is like.

Not quite on topic :blush: but very anxious like you girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"