Anybody Diabetic and trying?

babifever

Reaction score
Type 2 Diabetic here. Looking for some similar friends who are trying. A1c 9.2 have to get it under 7.0 before ttc again

My best advice would be to manage to get your sugar level under control (which you are already planning / trying), then manage your diet carefully and monitor your glucose levels carefully and frequently. There is an amazing book by Cheryl Alkon's book namely "Balancing Pregnancy with Pre-Existing Diabetes” that shares a lot of info about what you can expect for conception and even as a pregnant diabetic.

Develop a strong medical support with a team of doctors whom you can trust 100%. You may need an additional tests, such eye examination, kidney examination, blood pressure check to ensure healthy pregnancy. Even thyroid testing and other medication adjustment is essential. With a good plan and dedication to eating right and staying healthy, your chances of giving birth are very high, despite a diabetes diagnosis.

My best advice would be to manage to get your sugar level under control (which you are already planning / trying), then manage your diet carefully and monitor your glucose levels carefully and frequently. There is an amazing book by Cheryl Alkon's book namely "Balancing Pregnancy with Pre-Existing Diabetes” that shares a lot of info about what you can expect for conception and even as a pregnant diabetic.

Develop a strong medical support with a team of doctors whom you can trust 100%. You may need an additional tests, such eye examination, kidney examination, blood pressure check to ensure healthy pregnancy. Even thyroid testing and other medication adjustment is essential. With a good plan and dedication to eating right and staying healthy, your chances of giving birth are very high, despite a diabetes diagnosis.

Hi babifever, i'm a type 1 diabetic (insulin dependant). I was diagnosed during my first pregnancy.

You need to have really good BS control and i know it's easier said than done, but ideally your HBA1C should be below 7 for at least 3 months before TTC. It really is important that you have a good HBA1C as the higher it is, the higher the risk of miscarriage.

You should also be taking high dose folic acid (5mg) which you can only get from your GP/diabetic team. You will also need to test your blood sugars at least 4 times a day whilst TTC and probably more when you do get pregnant.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions, i know our diabetes is different but the preparation whilst TTC'ing and the treatment whilst pregnant will be almost the same.

xx

I have gotten everything tested, plus ultrasounds and stuff. Only thing is high blood sugar and two small uterine fibroids. Which there's nothing I can do about that. My sugars were running 400-300. Now there 200-124. Mostly under 165. Fasting sugars are the highest. Doctor has me on metformin 1000mg twice a day and glimepiride 2mg in the am. But I'm only taking 500mg twice a day right now. I just feel like that's alot!

Hello! I am also type 1 insulin dependent (pump) diabetic here, for almost 15 years! My first was completely unplanned and my A1c was around 14 :( I immediately got my sh*t together and got control of my levels and I have a healthy 2 year old :) we are ready for #2 but my sugars have only just gotten back under good control the last 4 or 5 months. Weve technically been NTNP/ halfway TTC since DS was born, with no luck but the OB said high blood sugars can prevent implantation, so im hoping with the super tight control it helps things get going! Unfortunately I have a cyst right now and am 10 days late :/ never had this happen and I get cysts all the time so im just waiting for AF to get on with my next cycle
FX!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->