Anybody else's braxton hicks becoming more intense and cause hot flashes?

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Sooo they've been occurring more frequently, and sometimes I just have to shut my eyes and let it pass bc of their intensity. I can have them for hours at a time ranging from 30 minutes to 10 minutes apart.

As of the last week they've been coming with hot flashes.

Other new signs include (last 5-7 days)
Period cramping sometimes with the BH
Dull back ache with BH
Increased frequency of the cervical shooting pains
And increased BM 2-3 times a day.
Massive hemorrhoids as a result of the pelvic pressure which has also reached a new level.

Any similar thoughts or experiences?

I think you should talk to your doctor asap, never had anything that bad.

I had bh with hot flushes a while back but they stopped after a few weeks. I didn't have any other symptoms though so maybe you should call your doctor to be sure

Ugh! I guess I should. Next time it happens I'll go in for monitoring. I'm on the verge of labor according to my doc and truthfully it feels like early labor. But shouldn't early labor last all day and not be sporadic?? I guess that's the confusing part. I know some women are in early labor for weeks before the real deal! Is it all day for a week or like this? I hope that's not me but I am glad nothing has happened as I would like her to cook a little longer.

Mine are intense too, and sporadic throughout the day. Sometimes they start in my back and radiate to my hips/pelvis, sometimes they feel like a really bad stomach ache, and I get the knife up the crotch feeling randomly, but once that one starts, it happens about 10-12 times in a 20-30 minute window. I get the period cramping usually in mornings. No hot flashes although I have been throwing up lately from the intensity of the pain. I'm hoping this is the start of something. I thought bh were supposed to be painless.

Either way I mentioned this to my Dr last Thursday and she said "yup, pregnancy is painful" and basically told me that it's normal. How is this much pain normal?! Ugh.

Mine are intense too, and sporadic throughout the day. Sometimes they start in my back and radiate to my hips/pelvis, sometimes they feel like a really bad stomach ache, and I get the knife up the crotch feeling randomly, but once that one starts, it happens about 10-12 times in a 20-30 minute window. I get the period cramping usually in mornings. No hot flashes though. I'm hoping this is the start of something. I thought bh were supposed to be painless.

Either way I mentioned this to my Dr last Thursday and she said "yup, pregnancy is painful" and basically told me that it's normal. How is this much pain normal?! Ugh.[/QUOTE

Yes! That's what it's been like. Are you getting them through the night? I've noticed on some occasions when I wake up I'm having one. I have them a lot.

I read that frequency increased towards end of pregnancy. When does your doc check your cervix? 36 weeks?

They checked me at 32 bc the shooting pains were very prominent and not letting up with the bh.... Turns out I was dilated and effaced a good portion for being 32 weeks.

So for me the shooting pains like that and frequency in bh meant dilation and effacement. Last appt on Monday my doc said she wouldn't even check me bc she's sure I'm already 4cm and doesn't want to get things going.

Part of me wonders if this is the start!

I get them at night, but don't wake up that I know of. The knife pains I usually get when I'm standing, but the bad stomach ones are bad when laying on my back. It's pretty annoying actually lol. I was told they will start checking me at my next appt so 35 weeks (I'll be closer to 36 but I just happen to have then at the end of the week). I'm so hoping it means dialating and effacement for me as well. I want a reason for these pains! Lol

I do have to stop and breath through the ones that feel like they're in my cervix though. Those are the worst. The poor guys at work keep asking me if they need to drive me to the hospital lol

Yes me too. I've had all those,
strong BH that leave me breathless & a hot flush at the same time!!!
period pains that feel like really mild contractions coming every 10 minutes that last for a few hours then suddenly stop. They even wake me up at night.
Pelvic pressure ( that sometimes feels like I'm walking with a bowling ball between my legs!!)
Stabbing pains up my crotch!!.
Midwife says it's all normal and it's your body gearing up for labour.
I'm nearly 36 weeks and this has been going on for about 2 weeks on and off.
Good luck xx

I have been getting these hot flushes with bh and also i feel like my throat goes a bit tensed and my breathing is a bit laboured. Midwife said its normal. I did not get any sleep last night as they were waking me up and i was worried i was going to labour so been up since 3!!!!
I have been also getting these sharp pains in my cervix. And today they have been definitely the strongest so far, it felt like something is gonna come out :)
I felt suddenly sick at one point and faint and had slight period cramps. Not too painful but noticeable.

Thanks ladies! I'm glad (and sad) I'm not alone. Labor is close for us. Some more than others, but it is close. Hopefully we aren't miserable to much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->