• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody having an evening Hog Roast?

GypsyDancer

Mummy to Zach <3
Reaction score
OH and I love the idea of a hog roast instead of a normal sandwich buffet for the evening.
We had it included in our quote today so weve allowed for it, but everybody weve mentioned it to (family members) say its a bad idea..as not everybody likes pork :dohh:
The Hog Roast comes with baps, apple sauce, stuffing, wedges, salad, cold pasta etc, so its not like people who dont like pork couldnt eat anything, are we being selfish to still go with it?
OH's stepdad said a bbq menu would be better but it just doesnt sound as good as a good roast pig in a bun with apple sauce and stuffing..!!
We both really liked the idea, but now im doubting its a good decision?
Opinions?

If you love it then go for it, it's your day! Personally it really grosses me out but they're so popular now that guests must love them! I've heard that they go down really well, particularly if the wedding is festival themed or anything like that.

It's definitely your choice! Are you having a wedding breakfast too? If so I don't think the evening food is that important really, we're having a rustic buffet - artisan breads, cheeses, pâtés, meats etc. The wedding breakfast is at 4pm so right in the middle of the day, so don't expect people to be relying on the evening food as a main meal.

We definitely wouldn't go for a hog roast though as we're s family of vegetarians. I'm already completely torn on the food options, I don't want any meat there really but feel pressured to accommodate everyone. I draw the line at a hog roast though, and lamb!

We had a hog roast and it was lush! For anyone who didn't like pork we had veggie burgers, the stuffing/salads/applesauce were all veggie so they had very simialr to us. It went down really well and is great when your guests have had a bit to drink :haha:
We actually had very similar responses from family initially but we were pretty stubborn about it - it was one of the first things we said we wanted and it was a definite from the start. Just be firm!
Just as an aside - if you do get veggie burgers or something as an alternative request more than you think you'll need from the caterer! Fortunately I did this because there's always one person who thinks that despite you putting in big letters in your invite that you need to know if they want an alternative to pork, you'll obviously remember that they don't eat pork so they won't need to say anything :eyeroll:

We are having pork and stuffing batches in the evening and I don't even like pork :haha: if I'm hungry ill just have the wedges, it's what I done at my cousins wedding and didn't bother me at all :)

Could they do a choice of pork or turkey?

We had one at ours and so glad we did. Made a nice difference to the usual cold buffet. The company I used also did jacket potatoes etc on the side, but to be honest most of them didnt get eaten- the guests were so busy shovelling the baps in their faces.

Make sure you have a veggie option. Ask your caterer if they do veggie burgers...they usually do

p.s depending where you are in the UK I can highly recommend the company we used

We are, it's our evening food. It's included in our package.

But if it wasn't we would be having one anyway.

xx

Same as becca, our hog roast was included in our venue package :)

I also think its very yuck but I wouldn't be offended if I went ti a wedding and there was one there - if its what you want them have it!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->