Anybody use sunbeds?

blueskai

Reaction score
I've never used anything other than my own fake tan and mitt if I ever want a tan but are sun beds any good? Obv you shouldn't use them too much but I'd love something that would give me an all over even tan without the hassle.

What's the etiquette as well, I'm such a dimwit when it comes to them :rofl:

xo

I used to use them but gave up because they would only ever tan my face and arms.:shrug: Not sure why so I just stick with fake tan and foundation. Plus I just didn't think it was worth the risk.

I used to be addicted to sunbeds a couple of years ago.

I'm fair skinned and blonde, but a couple of years ago I was sooooo tanned, I loved it.

However it took me ages to build up the tan. It isn't just a case of using them once or twice and getting tanned (well for most people anyway!!)

I used to use lay down ones and I was starkers when I used them (you have to wipe them down after using the disinfectant spray)

Also you need to buy a cream otherwise your skin is too dry and reflects the tanning rays.

I'm too scared to use them now, having LO has made me lose my immortalness!

xx

Thanks girls :flower: so you wouldn't recommend as a quick fix?

Are the beds private? See that's why I don't in any way fancy a spray tan because I can't cope with someone seeing me bits&bobs!

I find tanning soo tedious :dohh: why couldn't we all be in Australia or something haha! The sun could do all the work for me!

xo

Lol yes they are private, usually you have a sunbed in a room with a lock on the door! I used to do it starkers as well and tried the standing up ones too with the exercise machine thingy in them! Those are really weird but a good laugh. :D Your legs feel like jelly after going on those ones!

Actually I shouldn't but I probably would recommend using them once or twice for a quick tan but that's all. They aren't for everyone, but you could use them a few times and then fake tan afterwards.

Yep they're private!

I used the standing up ones, 6 minutes every Friday before I went on holiday. The laying down ones scared me too much & I just wore my knickers.

The light used to go off on mine suddenly & I'd crap myself everytime!

& the goggles are a nuisance xxx

oh good glad theyr private!! i may look into trying one soon...

what are prices roughly?

xo

We paid £2.00 for a token, so like that much a session but it's only a little place so idk about anywhere else

xxx

I don't think sunbeds are usually good for a quick fix. Often takes a few to build up a tan.

Round here they're usually about 50p/60p a minute and the sachets of cream are usually about £3-£4.50 each.

sorry to be miss spoil sport but don't use them!

You say you shouldnt use them much but you shouldnt use them at all really! 85% of skin cancers are caused because of sun beds (or sunbathing).

It all depends on what type of skin you have really. Oh, and any salon worth their salt will ask you to complete a skin questionnaire before you use the beds.

I'll be honest, before I had LO, I used to hammer them twice/three times a week. Shortly before I got pregnant, I had to have a mole removed from my cheek and, even though it was benign, it scared me enough to become a lifelong fan of St. Moritz :)

I do miss the tan you get from a sunbed though.

You say you shouldnt use them much but you shouldnt use them at all really! 85% of skin cancers are caused because of sun beds (or sunbathing).

Be a spoil sport if you want!! I asked for advice and I appreciate yours even if it is telling me not to use them, so thank you :) :flower:

To be honest I have always been paranoid about using them for the skin cancer reason...I don't have any large moles at all but I know there are dangers regardless

xo

I'm glad I'm not the only spoil sport!!! i was gonna say ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH DON'T USE A SUNBED!!!! i really dont give a shit if it comes across patronising/ preachy, they are a complete death trap!!!!

patronizing and preachy is good when I'm in danger :haha:

Thanks girls, I actually think I've decided against them :rofl:

xo

I used to always use sunbeds before i had the girls.
Well about once a week i would go on. It didn't even take long to build my tan and it stayed topped up going once a week. I used the cream every other time.

I don't use sunbeds. I think they are a sanctioned way to damage your skin. Especially if it is done often .

I also really really wanted to say, please, please don't use them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->