Anybody w/ Hypothyroidism?

FluffyKid

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with it about 1.5 years ago, and am still trying to find my correct dosage. In early April, my doctor switched me from 150mcg of Levothyroxine (Synthroid) to 60mg of Armour. Everything has been working out pretty well, but I won't know what my thyroid levels are looking like now until either Monday (6/4), or 6/18.

Any ladies here NTNP and having to worry about their low thyroids? Has it/did it affect your NTNP journey?

:hugs::hugs: Hi,
I also have this , I got it when I was 35 and have been on synthroid ever since, it's for life unfortunately. I already had 3 boys 20,18 and almost 12 when I got pregnant by total accident at the age of 40. Sadly I lost my Ava at 20 weeks, i gave birth in my house and we buried her on 3/11/2011. Had nothing to do with my thyroid ( Thank God) When I found out I was pregnant I just had to get blood tests every 4 weeks and the dosage was adjusted. When I got pregnant my thyroid was perfect. The baby's thyroid starts to function on it's own by 12 weeks. After I lost Ava on March 3, 2011 I went into a bad depression and didn't go back to the doctor for 12 weeks, I kept taking my medicine but it was the wrong dosage so it was not helping me just making things worse. Now 15 months later I am still paying for my choice in not going to the doctors, I still am not on the right dose yet. Plus I lost 30 pds and that also contributes to it. I am on 100 of Synthroid and have to test in 3 more weeks and I pray I am on the right dose, if not I have to take a new dose wait 4 weeks to let it get in me and then retest at 6 weeks. It is so annoying and frustrating, but I am paying for it cause I didn't go back after I lost Ava. I think all women are different and some will still get pregnant even if their levels aren't good and some will not. I am scared to death to get pregnant again and I will 42 soon so that is another factor, but I just put it in god's hands. If I get pregnant then I do if not then i don't. I wish you all the best and I hope your levels are good.. Andrea :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aawwwwwww. :(

I lost one back in December. I wasn't far along at all. Maybe a month into the pregnancy, my doctor never told me. :(
I can't imagine what it would have been like to lose one at 20 weeks. I'm so sorry.

How did you manage to lose weight? :( I wasn't able to lose anything on the synthroid. I was actually still gaining weight! In the last 9 months, I've gained between 16 - 23 pounds. I don't know how. I don't eat much, I'm fairly active, I drink water...

Aawwwwwww. :(

I lost one back in December. I wasn't far along at all. Maybe a month into the pregnancy, my doctor never told me. :(
I can't imagine what it would have been like to lose one at 20 weeks. I'm so sorry.

How did you manage to lose weight? :( I wasn't able to lose anything on the synthroid. I was actually still gaining weight! In the last 9 months, I've gained between 16 - 23 pounds. I don't know how. I don't eat much, I'm fairly active, I drink water...

Thank you :hugs::hugs: I have cut my food intake by half. I drink about a gallon of water daily and I only eat fruit and 1 healthy meal a day. When i was first on the synthroid at age 35 I didn't loose anything either, but now 7 yrs. later I have been able to loose even when I am not on the right does, not sure why. I used to say the same thing I don't eat, I walk 3 miles 5x a week and I still loose no weight that is when my thyroid problem was discovered and then it took about 2 yrs after I was diagnosed to start loosing weight. It is a terrible and frustrating thing to have and when you get pregnant you have to make sure everything is on track and you have to go to the doctor every 4 weeks for your dosage to be increased. When I had my 3 boys I didn't have this problem, thank God. How long have you been on the Synthroid? Maybe after some time the weight will come off.. :hugs::hugs:

I was on the synthroid fooooor...18 months. And nothing ever worked out. So I got switched to Armour, but didn't start taking it until last month. I had an appointment with the doctor today and they drew bloods to check my levels again. I should know before the week is out.

I was on the synthroid fooooor...18 months. And nothing ever worked out. So I got switched to Armour, but didn't start taking it until last month. I had an appointment with the doctor today and they drew bloods to check my levels again. I should know before the week is out.

I hope your levels are good :hugs: I never heard of Armour. I have been taking Synthroid for 7 years, I do know when you do loose weight your levels will be messed up again, at least that was true for me. I hate having this problem it sucks.. XOXO Andrea :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->