Anybody with a cleaner?

Mrs R

Reaction score
I'm back to work the week after next and am really worried about keeping on top of the housework, working and having 3 small kiddies.

Am considering getting a cleaner but have never had one before and have no idea how much they charge, what they do and how many hours I would need one.

I have a reasonable sized 3 bedroom semi with a garden. I wouldn't be asking for the washing and ironing to be done. Just bathrooms (x3) hovering, mop floors, general tidy up, dusting, dishes etc.

I was thinking maybe an hour on a Monday and 2 hours on a Thursday. What do you think? Approx how much would this cost me? :shrug:
I know different areas charge differently, but we live in a small town, no where near a city etc so not city prices (if that makes sense!)

my mum had a cleaner & paid £8 an hour. she did 4 hours on a Weds morning & did:

the bathroom, the kitchen, dust & hoover 3 bedrooms, dinning room & living room. mopped the kitchen & hallway floor. my mum left a list if any extras needed doing & paid extra (ie the oven may have needed doing or stripped the beds or something) xx

I want a cleaner but my oh is having none of it :nope: i think they start at 8/9 pounds an hour and go up to about 15/16 pound an hour (this is what we paid for a one off cleaner when we moved in and realised there was quite a bit of cleaning that hadn't been done when previous people moved out)

My parents run a cleaning business... and I would say anything over 10 an hour and they are asking too much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->