anyone advice please on waterbirth ? :)

emmaswara

Reaction score
hi all , anyone got any advice on waterbirths please as am thinking of having one? xx

I had one with my DD [who is now 20mo old] and it was AMAZING! It totally took the edge off the pain. I had no other pain relief. I crowned the babies head without the MW even realising!! I got out of the pool saying "I want to be pregnant again" so it can't have been that bad! I had no tears, stitches.. only a couple of grazes. I can't compare to anything else as she was my first but I wholeheartedly recommend it!!
Any other questions feel free to ask here or pm me :]

thanks Aaisrie thats great i really think its amazing and 2 me looks so much cleaner:) how many babies do u have ? xx

1, just got a BFP for my 2nd today!! If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them, other than that I also have my birth experience typed out if you'd rather read that. I don't know if it was cleaner as such. I had to have my waters broken before I got in and obviously when my DD was born there was blood in the water which they let out nearly straight away before delivering the afterbirth but the experience was amazing and I really felt it helped with the pain. I didn't get into the pool until I was 9cm - I got into the bath early on which really slowed my progress so definitely go with the nurse/dr recommendations of staying upright as much as possible prior to getting in!!

thats great advice thanks am just scared and excited as its first,, its just worry everything will go ok xx

You'll be surprised how much your body just takes over! My body just knew what to do. I think a REALLY important part is staying calm! I spent my last week just sitting in a calming space - not even doing anything in particular like yoga or breathing.. nothing like that, just being chilled out and when I went into labour I stayed in that place mentally. Stressing/getting tense will literally make it harder because the muscles down there will tense and make it harder for the baby to make it's way out so relaxing is a DEFINITE! Make sure you read up about where [whether it be a birth centre/home/special hospital area] that you're having it and use whatever techniques help YOU to be relaxed because you'll enjoy the experience so much more!

i will remember that all thank u ,, it has really helped me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->