Anyone bathe their toddler in plain water?

SarahBear

Reaction score
I don't use soap or shampoo on my 2 year old. I have slightly hard water, so will comb vinegar through her hair to counter the pH of the slightly hard water, but that's all.

She has recently asked for bubbles in her bath. Basically at this point, her skin doesn't need soap and I don't want to make it a regular thing and throw off her skin's natural balance. If it's once a week or less, do you think her skin will maintain its natural balance?

I use plain water on mine, no soap and no shampoo. A bit of watered down leave-in conditioner because she's got tight curls that turn into dreadlocks very quickly, so brushing hair without is torture. She has asked for bubbles on occasion and sometimes gets them. Not very often though, to be honest. I don't bathe her daily either because she's not that filthy (I tend to wipe her down) and our bathroom is freezing. I always rinse her off thoroughly afterwards and she's fine. I imagine Violet should be fine, too, as she doesn't have any skin issues.

We use plain water. I do use a plant based eco conditioner on Thomas once a week as he has very thick hair that gets into a knotted mess otherwise.

I wash my daughter in just water as well. She's too young to ask for bubble baths at this point, but I've been debating what to do that way when she's older. I would tend to think it would be ok once in a while. Perhaps there are some more natural bubble baths out there that have kinder ingredients?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->