Anyone been for a pingogram??

manuiti

Very cautiously PAL
Reaction score
I have to go and have one done and just wondering what to expect, does it hurt, and is there a right time of the cycle to do it, or is any time ok?

Thanks ladies!
xx

Mine's been so long ago I can't recall the details. The only thing I recall is that after 2.5 years of ttc I fell preggers the cycle right after that!!

Good luck hun and hugs to you.

Thanks anyway hun. Fingers crossed I have the same luck you did. :)
xx

I had one in 96. I don't recall much pain. They put you on an antibiotic and you can have pain meds too. I too fell pg shortly after having the test done. I have heard some women had pain, so I guess it depends on your pain tolerance level. What they do is they put a catheter into your uterus and inject a die in there all the while taking xray pictures to see if you have any blockages or abnormalities. FX you get good news.

Just thought I should share my experience now that it's done. I took everyone's advice and took 400mg of ibuprofen about an hour before my appointment. Instead of the 5 minutes that I was meant to be in there, it was more like 45. The first time she tried, the dye all came back out on the table. Second try, same thing. Apparently I have a roomy lower 2/3rds of my cervix. Anyway, a balloon catheter and $100 later, the dye went where it was meant to. The worst part of it was that every time, just before she was going to inject the dye, she would take out the speculum, which meant that to try again, she had to start again. But although the speculum bit was uncomfortable, just the same as it is for a smear test, the rest of it - I didn't feel a thing, not when she grabbed my cervix, not when she dilated my cervix to get the catheter where it had to go, nothing. I didn't have blocked tubes though, and from what I can gather, that seems to be the main source of pain for people.

Anyway, all is A ok for going ahead with IVF... which I'm starting my meds for tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->