Anyone been to Slimming World?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going along, because I desperately want to lose weight but I just don't have the willpower to do it on my own and always end up starving then raiding the biscuit tin and thinking "I'll start again tomorrow"!

I'm quite shy, and was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the meetings are like, what happens at them, do they announce your weight? Has anyone been successful at Slimming World? I've heard it's quite good but I'm just scared to go along :haha: I'm such a big wimp!

I love slimming world :thumbup: I lost a stone following the plan before I found out I was pregnant and have just lost 6lbs in my forst week back on the plan :happydance:
Have done sw, weight watchers, slim fast and cambridge but definately would recommend slimming world. I feel like I can eat loads without measuring and weighing out everything and I can still have my treats. I have no willpower but theres so much free food you can eat whenever you want that you don't have to try and resist and so are less likely to have a big binge!
At my group the actual weigh in is private, your weight is never read out but they do read out how much you have lost (or gained or stayed the same). It's quite good because if you've had a good week they ask how you've done it and it can give ideas/ inspiration to others in the group who may have had a bad week. Similarly if you've had a bad week or are struggling then others in the group can give you ideas and encouragement or help you identify where you're going wrong if you don't know. We also share recipe ideas, new products that have come out etc. Our group leader also gives out awards for half stone/ stone losses and slimmer of the week and we have taster evenings where we try out recipes from the books.
I would say go along to a meeting, at my group you stay for the meeting, have the plan explained to you and then its up to you if you want to join, you dont have to if you dont think its for you. If you decide to stay then you get weighed and get the packs etc and have to pay joining fee/ weekly fee.

I joined today and the meeting was so laid back and the leader was really down to earth and there were no skinny minnies :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->