Anyone buy women's clothes from George at Asda? What do you think?

MrsClark24

Reaction score
I'm looking T the clothing rename at Asda and I like some of the stuff. Anyone got any experience of their clothes? What are the sizes like. Bigger, smaller or normal?

I get the baby clothes and I find them really good for the price with the sizes being true to age.

Any comments are appreciated! I can no longer afford the Topshop and Zara prices :-( so I'm downgrading to Asda, Tesco and Primark! :blush:

Asda has always been a hit or a miss for me

Some things you buy are brilliant fit and wash well, others not so much

Often the jersey tops/ kids leggings shrink after first wash, and you can see bobbling quite quickly on things too

That said, I have had a few brilliant things from asda as well, and I swear by their bras, £4-£8 each and they fit me really well (I'm a 40F). You do get wires poking out eventually, but no more so than when I used to spend £30 on a bra.

Black work trousers I buy in there regularly

I haven't ever had anything from asda, but I have had quite a few things from new look recently if you are looking for clothes that are a bit cheaper. They have had some really nice things the last year or so.

Ive always found asda clothing great and ive bought quite alot. I find the sizing to be pretty spot on. There bras are excellent value for money and also tops last me ages.

I buy stuff from there, my local Asda has a huge range. As a PP said they're hit and miss. Anything stretchy seems to lose length and gain width after one wash. Some of the stuff is okay though, I mean you're not expecting it to last a lifetime and it's cheap enough that once it starts to age, you can just replace it.
I do like their jammies and bras.

ETA: On sizes you really have to try them on. Most stuff is normal in my experience but it can really differ depending what you buy. I once bought two different pairs of jeans there, same size, one were massive, literally about two sizes two big, and the other I could only get halfway up.

I've bought a few things from asda and have found the quality pretty good. Undies and bras fab. For 4 quid I don't mind replacing every few months. I used to spend a fortune on bras and they only last a little while.
I think it's a bit of trial and error :)

I buy quite a lot of my clothes from asda and for things like cardigans, work trousers and underwear i fond them fab.

It is a bit hit and miss for other things, my skinny black jeans from there faded really quicky and another pair i had from there lost there shape after a few washes - saggy knees!! Also some of the tops from there are fab but some go bobbly and out of shape.

I think they are cheaper than Primark and better quality though.

I agree they are a much better quality than Primark (not that I have shopped in Primark for years - hate it!), and, by me at least, they have a much nicer selection than the other supermarkets. I only tend to buy tops from there, but I do find their sizes accurate and reliable.

I love Asda clothing for most things. I find the true to size and they nearly always fit me. The cheaper things like t-shirts an bras will need replaced every few months but jeans and cardigans and dresses seem to be pretty good. And I love the children's clothes, never been disappointed. My children are like walking Asda adverts lol

The actual clothing is a bit hit an miss I find but the bras are amazing :thumbup:

Ooh forgot to say - i get near enough all Megs clothes from there and i never have any problem with them at all - she wears them to pre school so they have a lot of wear and tear and get washed loads and i have never had any problems.

I like asda stuff. The quality is really good considering the price. The same item at primark would look and feel cheaper more often than not. My sister works for George and there is a lot more ladieswear going into their sale tomorrow (the store she's based at anyway, not sure if nationwide)

As for cheaper clothes shops, I like new look, h&m and matalan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->