Anyone doing a low carb diet

Pink_Sparkle

1 Angel & 23 week preemie
Reaction score
Im just about to embark on a low fat/low carb diet....... eeek!!

I have a friend who lost 6 stone in 6 months and looks FAB!!! Shes a total inspiration and shes gonna help me but we are only in contact via facebook.

Like her im going to use meal replacement shakes and bars for brekki and lunch for the first couple of stone to kick start my weight loss (basically till I sicken myself of them lol)...then move on to a low carb/low fat diet like she did....its gonna be hard but if she can do it - I can too!

Anyone else doing anything similar? xx

Good luck. It isnt easy!
Im on high protein which is basically low carb but not so low fat! When do low carb cant always have low fat, low fat stuff is in stuff with carbs.
Make sure you pick an replacement that is low in carbs alot them are high in carbs as that is what gives you the filled up feeling
Personally i would not recommand losing 1st a month!

Good luck. It isnt easy!
Im on high protein which is basically low carb but not so low fat! When do low carb cant always have low fat, low fat stuff is in stuff with carbs.
Make sure you pick an replacement that is low in carbs alot them are high in carbs as that is what gives you the filled up feeling
Personally i would not recommand losing 1st a month!

agree :thumbup:

6 stones in 6 months is very very fast and she will have lost some muscle mass doing this as well which includes heart muscle.

if you are having low carb and low fat... where are you getting essential nutrients from??
I also think you'll feel dreadful on this type of diet.

Sensible weight loss doesnt need any food stuff being cut out

but good luck anyway if you choose to do it
xxx

My DH and I are doing our own low-carb eating plan. He started in January and has lost 50lbs. I didn't start until 1st June and have lost 38lbs.

I have tried every diet under the sun - I even used to be a Slimming World Consultant a few years ago lol.

What we are doing is so simple and easy to stick to. We basically eat and drink anything we like - as long as it has no processed carbs.

In a nutshell, we have cut out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and all refined carbs e.g. cakes and biscuits. I don't say it's carb-free because obviously there are carbs in fruit and veg, but we eat as much of those as we like.

So basically our diet consists of any kind of meats (including bacon and sausage, so cooked brekkies are still on our menu), eggs, all dairy including butter, full fat yoghurts etc., and any fruit and veg.

I suppose you could say it's kind of like the Atkins diet, except with lots of healthy fruit and veg allowed, so it is actually a very healthy way of eating. Sweet fixes come from fruit, the occasional ice cream and tons and tons of lovely fruit.

It's working for us and we certainly don't feel deprived in any way. I make chips out of carrots and parsnips, we have full cooked breakfast at weekends - just minus bread/rolls.

Cheeseburgers are a favourite, just wrap the burger, cheese and tomato inside a large lettuce leaf so it's 'almost' like having it in a bun lol

Still enjoy a few glasses of wine at the weekends and we are both now averaging a regular 2lb a week weightloss, though it was much quicker at the start but we reckon if it comes off slow it will stay off.

No gimmicks, no equipment, no joining fees - just cut out refined carbs and you will lose loads of weight

also try to drink as much water/diet juice as you can. The more you drink the more you will lose.

My DH and I are doing our own low-carb eating plan. He started in January and has lost 50lbs. I didn't start until 1st June and have lost 38lbs.

I have tried every diet under the sun - I even used to be a Slimming World Consultant a few years ago lol.

What we are doing is so simple and easy to stick to. We basically eat and drink anything we like - as long as it has no processed carbs.

In a nutshell, we have cut out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and all refined carbs e.g. cakes and biscuits. I don't say it's carb-free because obviously there are carbs in fruit and veg, but we eat as much of those as we like.

So basically our diet consists of any kind of meats (including bacon and sausage, so cooked brekkies are still on our menu), eggs, all dairy including butter, full fat yoghurts etc., and any fruit and veg.

I suppose you could say it's kind of like the Atkins diet, except with lots of healthy fruit and veg allowed, so it is actually a very healthy way of eating. Sweet fixes come from fruit, the occasional ice cream and tons and tons of lovely fruit.

It's working for us and we certainly don't feel deprived in any way. I make chips out of carrots and parsnips, we have full cooked breakfast at weekends - just minus bread/rolls.

Cheeseburgers are a favourite, just wrap the burger, cheese and tomato inside a large lettuce leaf so it's 'almost' like having it in a bun lol

Still enjoy a few glasses of wine at the weekends and we are both now averaging a regular 2lb a week weightloss, though it was much quicker at the start but we reckon if it comes off slow it will stay off.

No gimmicks, no equipment, no joining fees - just cut out refined carbs and you will lose loads of weight

also try to drink as much water/diet juice as you can. The more you drink the more you will lose.

well done you, for the weight loss. Sounds like a good diet and not restrictive like atkins. I may do this, but love bread, pasta so much I will struggle to find alternatives to pasta, which makes it difficult to stick to in longer term.

I may do this said:
I thought that too, but it just takes a bit of imagination. I still make bolognese, but instead of having it with pasta, I stuff it into peppers sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the oven - it's lush

There's all sorts you can do - like I make chicken fajitas, but instead of using tortillas, I use blanched cabbage leaves, put the chicken inside, smother in tomato salsa and cheese and bake in the oven.

Also, you can make lasagne using long slices of courgette instead of pasta sheets and can even buy a gadget now which will turn courgette into spaghetti

One fab side effect is that I have never had any indigestion or bloating since starting this eating plan

I could never do low carb, I like my carbs too much :blush: I make sure I combine carbs and protein at each meal to keep me full :) but I am counting calories and have lost 5.5 stones in 9 months which feels a good pace to me, that way I am more likely to keep it off! :) good luck whatever you decide x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->