Anyone done a mud run?

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
I've been asked to do one... I've not ran since playing British bulldog 30 years ago!:haha:

How bad is it? I'd rather hear from people who aren't fitness freaks who think they're a piece of piss!

Obviously I'd need to train, its a 10k... 6 miles doesn't seem that long especially having to do obstacles ect. I'm not sure I could run 6 miles continuously!

My husband is doing one in march and is exactly the same as me, only exercise he does is the golf course 2 times per week... He thinks I can't do it.

I'd love to do it and show him the middle finger running across the finish line!

No experience of mud runs but the couch25k app is brilliant for getting started, especially if you're new to running. I did it a few years ago and worked up to 7 miles very quickly, have to start it again some of these days when I can get my motivation up

Is it tough mudder? I've considered it but waiting until I either have a baby or give up ttc. It's meant to be tough going but amazing x

Is it tough mudder? I've considered it but waiting until I either have a baby or give up ttc. It's meant to be tough going but amazing x

No don't think I'm brave enough for that! I've heard you get electrocuted in the water???!!! Its the wolf run, near me in Leicestershire. I'm just not sure if I'm being too optimistic , I wanted to do one end of march in Derbyshire but think I'm getting ahead of myself. Mid June seems more realistic and far warmer.. My 2 pet hates are being cold or wet, and as a pp said , I've got a couch- 10 k app. Around 18 weeks training !!
Have eaten a ridiculous portion of chocolate cake maltesers and 2 Mars bars...the last supper before I begin it tomorrow!

If I do it without suffering a heart attack or just jacking in halfway through ill be amazed!

Aaah right, I didn't know there were other types. I'm determined to do tough mudder eventually. I think March might be tough going, I trained for a half marathon (13.1 miles) last year, in about two months and although doable, it was tough. Maybe june would be better and as you say (hopefully) warmer.

Aaah right, I didn't know there were other types. I'm determined to do tough mudder eventually. I think March might be tough going, I trained for a half marathon (13.1 miles) last year, in about two months and although doable, it was tough. Maybe june would be better and as you say (hopefully) warmer.

Yes there's lots if various ones now, you can google local mud runs and it brings pretty much all of them through the year! Maybe you should work yourself up, out friend is a marine and said it was hard work lol!

I think for normal mud runs the adrenaline and fun should keep you going with abit of running training before hand. If it was the tough mudder that would be a different story, my OH wants to do it!

I think for normal mud runs the adrenaline and fun should keep you going with abit of running training before hand. If it was the tough mudder that would be a different story, my OH wants to do it!

A friend of ours has done it but he's a marine and a triathlete!! Think ill pass on that one, I see no enjoyment in the painful process!

I'm doing ok with training, the quicker I start the better, I've never stuck at anything ever in my life so this will be huge for me especially as I want to run it and not walk/cheat! Everyone keeps laughing at me when I tell them... Defiantly have something to prove!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->