Anyone done Clomid and trigger shot? advice welcome

Bonnie11

Where's the Stork?
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I had a successful clomid baby nearly 3 years ago :cloud9: and now we are trying for number 2.

on my first round of clomid however we cant have any more NHS treatment so we are paying for it all ourselves. I wondered if anyone had tried trigger shot with any success with Clomid? The doctor said I can have it but would have to pay privately and the injections arent cheap. Ive seen some cheaper online but obviously you dont know what you are getting.... I just want to be sure its worth the money! We would be doing the cycle largely unmonitored as we have to pay nearly £200 for each scan on top of the shots and Clomid so would like to minimise doctors input where I can! Are the injections easy to do yourself? Any strength worked better for anyone? Has anyone tried it unmonitored?

grateful for any advice! babydust to all :hugs:

Hi girls,

I had a successful clomid baby nearly 3 years ago :cloud9: and now we are trying for number 2.

on my first round of clomid however we cant have any more NHS treatment so we are paying for it all ourselves. I wondered if anyone had tried trigger shot with any success with Clomid? The doctor said I can have it but would have to pay privately and the injections arent cheap. Ive seen some cheaper online but obviously you dont know what you are getting.... I just want to be sure its worth the money! We would be doing the cycle largely unmonitored as we have to pay nearly £200 for each scan on top of the shots and Clomid so would like to minimise doctors input where I can! Are the injections easy to do yourself? Any strength worked better for anyone? Has anyone tried it unmonitored?

grateful for any advice! babydust to all :hugs:

Hi Bonnie! I'm on my first Clomid/trigger cycle so I don't have a ton of advice to offer. I'm in the USA doing a monitored cycle and paying for all of it- ugh! So I understand your want to not spend a ton.

I took 50mg Clomid on CD 3-7. I think most start out on 50mg on CD3-7 or CD4-8. Trigger is Ovidrel which I may get tomorrow after my scan.

thanks for your reply! Yes am on clomid already, 3-7. Just had trouble O-ing last time around so they have said I can have the trigger shot but I'm wondering how easy it would be to do it myself!! Let me know how you get on, sending a ton of babydust your way x:hugs:

thanks for your reply! Yes am on clomid already, 3-7. Just had trouble O-ing last time around so they have said I can have the trigger shot but I'm wondering how easy it would be to do it myself!! Let me know how you get on, sending a ton of babydust your way x:hugs:

Thank you! How do you know you didn't ovulate? Just curious how you track!

Actually I am hoping to delay my trigger a bit (maybe my follies won't be ready tomorrow) since hubby is on a business trip until Thursday. Trigger tomorrow would cause us to miss the window. So, fingers crossed my cycle isn't totally in the trash!

I really wish I had gone with less of monitored cycling first...but after TTC so long, my RE suggested this route. Now the bills are rolling in.

I had my bloods done the first time around and showed no O, though I think I ovulated later than they tested ,but I still have long cycles.

You get your first lot of fertitlity help free on the NHS but once you have a child you have to pay for it and I'm finding out how expensive it is!!!

Its so hard when you are paying so much money, I'm tempted to totally go for it with FSH injections too and just go all out on one or 2 rounds!

I had my bloods done the first time around and showed no O, though I think I ovulated later than they tested ,but I still have long cycles.

You get your first lot of fertitlity help free on the NHS but once you have a child you have to pay for it and I'm finding out how expensive it is!!!

Its so hard when you are paying so much money, I'm tempted to totally go for it with FSH injections too and just go all out on one or 2 rounds!

It is nice you had help on the first one! I am TTC#1 and paying all out of pocket. I hope your #2 comes quickly for your sake!

I am doing my trigger tonight. :happydance: 3 mature follies in there!

Bonnie- I did mine last night and it was a breeze! Just wanted to let you know. :) Nothing to worry about.

I am currently doing the same treatment all out of pocket as well, except instead of Clomid, I was put on Letrozole. I had already done 3 rounds of clomid prior to the letrozole and was unsuccessful. We are currently in the waiting phase. I'm praying and hoping that it worked! We are ttc #1!

Blessings to you both of you!

I am currently doing the same treatment all out of pocket as well, except instead of Clomid, I was put on Letrozole. I had already done 3 rounds of clomid prior to the letrozole and was unsuccessful. We are currently in the waiting phase. I'm praying and hoping that it worked! We are ttc #1!

Blessings to you both of you!

Good luck! We are also TTC #1! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->