anyone else bed sharing at 8 months?

fashionlover

Reaction score
Quick question.
My daughter and I are bed sharing at 8 months. I have been exclusively breast feeding since day one and have found it the easiest way to get sleep as my daughter is a very hungry baby. I was just wondering how any of you ladies that are bed sharing, or have in the past transitioned your baby to the crib without the cry it out method? I plan on bfing for a year but when I am ready to do so I would love some helpful tips. Also, baby is getting a bit more mobile and I am scared she will fall out of the bed..:wacko:

Arthur is 2 in May and still in with us. Alice transitioned happily to her own bed when she was 2 and a half.

We use a bed guard, and have never had any falls out of bed with either of them.

My baby is 7 weeks & a few nights ago I fell asleep feeding him in my bed. we had the best sleep ever! And every night since I've ended up having him in my bed as I feel like we get more sleep. I dont know if I should be doing this or not? I was scared when I woke up the first time realising he'd been in my bed asleep for a good few hours! X

My son is only 5 months now, but we are beginning the transition. Most nights, he sleeps in his crib for the first part of the night (from about 8-2 if we are lucky). When he wakes for a feed at around 2, I just bring him into bed with me. He can't really settle himself back to sleep unless I am nearby and we are still very much in the habit of nursing to sleep. It may take some time to get your baby used to it. I'm hoping our gentle, gradual approach will work over time.

If you are bedsharing definitley get a bed guard. It is the best thing i ever did as Isaac did fall out once and i never slept the rest of the night. We transitioned at 14/15 months and the only way to do it was to do cc as he hated being in his cot and always depended on boob to sleep. Next time i intend to get a 3 sided cot and attach it to the side of our bed as an extension of it. This way lo has there own space and when you are ready to start transioning you just put the extra side on and leave the cot next your bed and gradually move it away from your bed and into there own room.

If you are bedsharing definitley get a bed guard. It is the best thing i ever did as Isaac did fall out once and i never slept the rest of the night. We transitioned at 14/15 months and the only way to do it was to do cc as he hated being in his cot and always depended on boob to sleep. Next time i intend to get a 3 sided cot and attach it to the side of our bed as an extension of it. This way lo has there own space and when you are ready to start transioning you just put the extra side on and leave the cot next your bed and gradually move it away from your bed and into there own room.

That is great advice...what does CC stand for?
Thank you!

Doug is nearly 5 months and we bed share. I have just bought the Ikea Gulliver cot as you can take the side off and have it flush against my bed. so going to keep it like that for 2 months to get him used to his own space then hopefully try with the extra side on, and move him away from our bed.

CC - controlled crying.

I did and still am. I took the frame off the bed when my LO became more mobile so I wouldn't have to worry about her falling out.

I did partial bed sharing for over a year. Silas would sleep in his crib from 730-11 then sleep with us the rest of the night. I'd put him back in his crib on occasion but it was never a hard and fast rule.

I never used CC or CIO and he is sleeping in his crib (through the night!) at 19 months old. He's been in there and STTN about 4 months or so.

My husband and I both got sick and we had to move out of our bedroom and low and behold, LO started STTN almost instantly. Apparently mommy and daddy were keeping him up at night! DH and I just ended up giving him our room and we moved into his room.

Also wanted to add, he still nurses. I lay down with him prior to bed and let him nurse and when I feel him starting to fall asleep/lose his suction I lay him in bed. He's always awake but sleepy when I lay him down.

I bed share with my 8 month old, have been since he was 4 months old. It is the only way I can get any sleep. I have no idea how or when I'm going to get him in his crib, but I don't think it will be easy! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->