Anyone else bored?

mayacat

Reaction score
I'm on day 3 of mat leave, 13 days to go until the due date and as expected - I'm rather bored.

Hubby's working up until something happens regarding baby coming, and this is child #1, so I've only got the cats and the dog for company. I've got a cross stitch project but it's getting rather boring and I can finish up my tax stuff tonight when hubby gets home. The baby's showing no signs of coming any time soon either. I'm sore, but there've been no signs of early labour (thankfully), so I can't even symptom-spot.

I know I can just continue flopping in front of the couch with some TV and my stitching and relax, maybe take poochy for a walk this afternoon, but two weeks of this is going to get old I think. I know when baby comes I won't have time to complain about this ever again though, lol.

Anybody in the same boat right now?

Haha no. I am in the opposite position. My two little girls don't stop moving for a second and I'm exhausted and dream of just sitting on the couch.
With my first I worked until the day I was induced past due, so I never had a bored period, but I would say do whatever YOU want these two weeks. Go out for lunch, Enjoy some quiet time, and I hope it goes quick and your little one is here soon :)

I was very bored when expecting my first. Mostly due to the fact that I had extreme pelvic girdle pains and couldn't so much that wasn't at home and wasn't inspired enough to work on a fun craft project (due to boredom!). I watched a lot of one born every minute hehe.

This time I do get bored from time to time but I'm so busy with dd. When she sleeps in the evening I barely relax enough to do my own thing. I've been working on a scrapbook project that's really fun and takes a lot of time that I'm nowhere near being done, but the past few days I've been cramping too much to enjoy it. I don't want to associate my happy scrapbook with cramps lol. So I'm back to being a bit bored.

Just bored of working. I'm busy but feel much more like being at home getting prepared.

Might help you to look out for some bumps and babies groups or similar so you can get out and meet people in the same boat - some company might help? I know I was amazed how many groups are out there x

I'm on day 3 of mat leave, 13 days to go until the due date and as expected - I'm rather bored.

Hubby's working up until something happens regarding baby coming, and this is child #1, so I've only got the cats and the dog for company. I've got a cross stitch project but it's getting rather boring and I can finish up my tax stuff tonight when hubby gets home. The baby's showing no signs of coming any time soon either. I'm sore, but there've been no signs of early labour (thankfully), so I can't even symptom-spot.

I know I can just continue flopping in front of the couch with some TV and my stitching and relax, maybe take poochy for a walk this afternoon, but two weeks of this is going to get old I think. I know when baby comes I won't have time to complain about this ever again though, lol.

Anybody in the same boat right now?

Well we can be bored together
I start day one of bed rest tomorrow. No dilation no signs other then Braxton hicks. Nursery is all set up and everything is ready so nothing really to do!

Bedrest sucks. Hopefully it doesn't last too long before the little one comes! At least everything's all set for your babe :)

I should probably give the diaper liners another pre-wash. That'll take up a whole 5 minutes, lol.

I kind of wish I had some sort of sign baby was coming soon, it would make me feel better about sitting around. I've only noticed braxton hicks a couple times in the last few days. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to the last couple weeks.

They might induce next wed idk. Since this is my first I didn't really know what a contraction was. When I went to be monitored the other day for my Bp she asked me how long my stomach has been balling up. Well I told her all the time since I thought it was his butt there and that's why it hurt. I felt stupid. So I guess I have been getting Braxton hicks for a week or so now. Its raining out so it makes it a longer day

You could always make my four year old daughters Easter bonnet! Lol. It has to be made out of recycled materials!!! Ahh I dream of lazy days like you describe, I know it's hard to imagine but you will look back on these days fondly one day x

Everyone says to knit. I dont want to knit haha 😆 I did nap alot today

I was exactly the same with my first baby. I ended up going a week over and it was torture! I now have two little ones and I would love to have nothing to do LOL. It's so hard having nothing to do when you've been used to working but dont feel guilty at all, you need this time to rest and reserve your energy.

Do things that you might miss being able to do when baby is here. Start a new series, soak in a bath, wonder around the shops, go out for lunch, take naps.

@hopingwaiting

Haha, yeah I don't like knitting either. My mom tried to teach me a long time ago and I got too frustrated with it. Cross-stitching involves a set pattern that's much easier to fix if you screw it up, so that's my project of choice :D

I had a busy morning today so I'm quite happy to lay back and nap in front of the fire place right now.

I learned to knit and crochet several years back when I was still a student. One of my classmates and a friend of my mom taught me how to crochet, and I learned how to knit by myself from a book. My skill level is/was quite basic though. Haven't been wanting to do it anymore though. It was fun at the time but I no longer have that interest.

If you haven't seen Mad Men yet, it's on Netflix. I know two people in the past year who found it and then binge-watched 6 seasons in a short period of time because it's just so very, very good.

I really enjoyed my last maternity leave! I got to see friends and family I don't ordinarily get to see and watched shit loads of telly lol ☺️. As pp has said maybe get into watching a series or something? I have got the first series of Downton Abbey to watch but don't know how much I will get to watch with my lo running around 😉. Try and relax and enjoy it as much as you can and sleep. You will never get this time again and once bubba comes along you will forget what it is to be bored! 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->