Anyone else changing their mind on not having another bub

Babushka

Reaction score
I've been very adamant that I only want one baby mainly because of my age and I don't want to have 2 close together. It's also easier financially to have 1 child (especially school fees) but for the last couple of days I keep thinking maybe we should try for another in 2 years time when I'm 42.

This pregnancy hasn't been easy, no major complications thankfully but I've had wretched morning sickness, heartburn & many aches and pains along the way. I've also been a neurotic mess worrying about everything which has made me think no way for having another. But, it's all coming to an end soon, I'm almost 39 weeks and whilst buying the last of the baby stuff, I'm going off pink things (like play mats/bouncers) just in case we decide to have another & it's a boy. Not sure if this is normal or if the pregnancy hormones are making me go a little strange!

Anyone else out there changing their mind on having or not having another?

Actually I'm the opposite. I always thought I wanted two kids, but now that I'm in my 3rd trimester and completely miserable, I'm thinking one child doesn't sound too bad. ;) Everyone says I'll forget about how miserable I am though. We'll see.

I'm the opposite too. We always hoped for two, but that was it. When we found out we were having a boy, a small part of me felt sad that I wouldn't ever have another baby girl and that same small part questioned whether to go back a third time. Nup. After the last few weeks.... Not going to happen. I'm done. Some women feel great at my age(37)... I'm not one of them. I feel too old to go thru another pregnancy (it's only because I haven't enjoyed this pregnancy).

I've always planned on having at least 2 at some point. And still plan on it. OH though, always said we would only have one, but after this pregnancy, he has decided that maybe 2 or more is the way he wants it now.

Well yeah kinda reverse for me too. Me and husband had thought about maybe 3 total. I hate being pregnant, it does NOT agree with my body, so I'm feeling like I never want to do this EVER again. My husband reminds me that I said this first time around and here we are on number two lol. So I guess time will tell if we do end up with a third or not....

nope nope nope.

I actually wasn't even sure I wanted one child, and it took a lot on my husband's part to talk me around to trying. This pregnancy has been very hard on me mentally and emotionally, never mind the physical, and I don't relish the idea of going through it again.

I had to beg hubby for a third and have discussed getting tubes tied during my section next week. I am now getting cold feet about sterilisation - it is so final!

However I made that decision and really feel this pregnancy has been hard so I am adamant that tubes will be tied and no more babies are to be made by this body :-(

I am planning to go back to fostering in the next 10 years or so - will maybe get some babies that way :)

I always wanted 3, Hubbie always wanted 2. So far that hasn't changed but I still have the really difficult part of pregnancy to go, so you never know - I might go down to 2 as well! Though I'd rather not have an only child, I think siblings are awesome :)

We have always wanted two but because of my age I've not been sure. Also I've had no major complications but have really struggled so far and when I was seeing mw we were having a conversation and it came up about having another and I said probably not after how I've struggled her reply was "that will all change when you hold your baby you will forget all the bad stuff and want another " :haha:

Nope! I'm done. DH suggested a third but I am done being pregnant. After this baby I want to drop to part time hours and save for holidays etc rather than mat leave again.

OP, I am like you. In my first trimester, I was incredibly sick and felt like dying almost every day. I told my husband on a daily basis that I was done after this one (number 1 for us). But as I got through that stage and came out feeling better, it was like "eh, that wasn't so bad".

I think I am up for another. Whether or not DH is, well, that is another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->