anyone else confused by the "cold weather and snow on its way" news going around?

vaniilla

Reaction score
As the title says really, I'm really confused I keep hearing people say its going to snow but when I google I can't find anything to suggest any snow soon :shrug: someone that knows anything please please give me some info :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/news-debates/767135-predicting-bad-winter-boost-spending-economy.html

Thats what I was thinking! Still cannot find a forecast for some around here. But im ready for the bugger!

I keep seeing it and a couple of the mums were talking up the nursey saying that it had given snow for the end of the week, I have tried gogling everywhere but cant find anywhere that says it is going to here anytime soon. (Im in the south).

TBH I hope it doesnt, preferablly until the middle/end of december.

https://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=816;sess= just found this article and its put my mind to ease :flower:

Ive just clicked the link but it is saying No news story found :shrug:

:flower:

here's what it said :flower:

Autumn Snow Forecasts - A Clarification
Following a lot of stories in the media this week, we felt it would be useful to clarify the situation with regard to snow this October and November.

At this point in time the Netweather long range forecast (which was updated earlier this week) is pointing toward temperatures in October being close to or perhaps slightly below average, with November currently forecast to be cooler than average.

Typically October will bring some snow to the hills and mountains of northern Britain but rarely does it bring any low level or widespread snowfall, with the forecast being for temperatures to be close to average, at this stage there is no reason to suggest that anything out of the ordinary is likely, and any forecasts of widespread snow during October have not been made by Netweather.

Into November, snowfall is less rare and recent years have shown that even lower levels can see snow - particularly later in the month. With the current forecast showing the potential for temperatures to be below normal, this could indicate the increased risk of more widespread snow - but at this range there is no way to accurately predict whether this may be the case and should it occur, when it may happen.

Netweather's long range forecasts are updated once a month and look purely at climatic features - such as whether or not a month is likely to be warmer or colder than average or whether it is likely to be wetter or drier than average. From this it's possible to derive some conclusions as to whether a particular weather type (such as snow) is more or less likely but it's only at much shorter range that specific day to day conditions can be forecast with confidence.

Thanks, hopefully they are right and we wont be getting any for a while. I use net weather for the 10 day weather forecast and find they are usually quite accurate, heres hoping they are this time too. :)

:flower:

Im east coast of scotland and my OH phoned me today to say it was snowing at his work !. So that's it, now i'm officially hibernating :D

Today in Dungiven in Northern Ireland it snowed light snow that lay on the mountains but due to rain didn't lie anywhere else and it was between 3-4degrees

i think what happens is the top of scotland gets snow lol and everyone starts spouting shit haha x

Nothing suprises me about the weather in the uk anymore!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->