Anyone else feel nauseous after taking prental vitamin?

bunnyblonde

Reaction score
The past few days after I take my vitamin I start to feel sick. I don't know if it's the texture or because it's the first thing I'm taking before I even eat so my stomach is empty. I just tried to eat and I felt a little sick. Im not gonna lie, im kind of excited for morning sickness because I feel like it will confirm its real but at the same time I don't want to feel sick

Yes, but it doesn't help that it's massive. Makes me gag trying to swallow the thing, might break it in half tomorrow

Yes, sadly they do make most women feel ill - folic acid and iron in particular contribute, I have mine with a snack before going to bed so that I sleep through the side affects and it seems to feel better.

It's worse when you take it and then you're actually sick. The after taste is horrendous! I started taking mine before bed instead.

I can't take them as they make me puke, was the same with my daughter too. I think I started taking them around 15 weeks, probably not the best idea but nothing I could do about it, sometimes you just gotta do what you can I think!

I take mine right before bed too as it's the only way I can be (somewhat) sure they'll stay down.

Yep, same here. It's better when you take them with food but still make me nauseous sometimes.

For anyone who's really struggling: You can get folic acid by itself in tiny little pills. Everything else in prenatals is a nice bonus but folic acid really is essential in the first 12 weeks.

As above. Here the midwife prescribes folic acid and iodine, the pills are tiny.

I took prenatals with my son and my iron rocketed up to ridicules levels so I only take the prescribed folic and and iodine pills now unless blood tests show I need anything else.

Yeah never ever take prenatals on an empty stomach...I learned that the hard way �� I usually take mine just before bedtime, and I sleep through any discomfort.

I'm not sure if it's my vits making me feel nauseaous or not but I take mine in the evening around 6ish but my nausea comes the next day?! Sometimes I forget to take them and font feel nauseaous the next day don't know if it's just coincidence or not!
Anyone else feel like this?

I've been finding my nausea is worse in the evenings so I take mine halfway through my breakfast when I'm in the 'food going down my throat' mode... I usually feel a wave of nausea about 30 minutes later that can last for a while... I would just take folic acid but my diet right now is not very good so I feel like I need all the vitamins I can get :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->