Anyone else feel quite alone?

MrsGM

Bamboozled Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hiya,

Was talking to my sister on the phone last-night about our NTNP, she's extra excited but just mailed to say she feels all sad because of the distance (makes me sad too :cry:)

She's 260 miles away (as is my Mum), my dad is over an hour and so is other sister so no family to drop in on (hubs parents both passed on :cry:)

We're aiming to move a bit closer to people but also feel like we need to get on with things so likelihood is babies will arrive before we've moved, arrgggghhhh

Sorry, just really feel like we're going it alone sometimes

:hugs: my family are a long way down south. They have come up loads since LO was born and we talk all the time on Skype.

My mum, sister and all my family live 3 hrs away so i know exactly how you feel :hugs: hope you can work something out, we are working on moving closer to 'home' too:hugs:

Awwww!
I know how you all feel!
For the last 3 years both our families are over 4 hours away in the car and sometimes the distance feels like they may as well be on the moon!
I am lucky though as my parents have sold their house and will be moving about an hour away from us (***does a little excited dance!!!***) and so we will see them a lot more soon!!!
Fingers crossed everything works out for you all though x

Yeah because although family is close we aren't telling anyone we are ntnp!

x

My mum is in the next town over but when I talk to her about it she just says don't think about it, be an adult and is not very supportive or understanding. It's why I joined this site after yesterday crying in my OH's lap about :af: knowing he didn't know how to talk to me about it and knowing I had no one to phone. So yes I did feel alone but this site is lovely :) :hugs:

Aw bless Solstice_3! Here have a hug :hugs:
It's not nice feeling lonely espesh at a time like this.

We haven't told anyone we are ntnp so I know the feeling of the other half not knowing what to say!!! Bless him!!!

At least we are all in this together :)

I know how you feel. I moved 2000 miles from allmy family and friends when I was 30 weeks pregnant (in Feb). I had my baby without my family around, and we're NTNP for baby # 2 now, and I just feel like I wish my family could be around me at the moment. What's going to be hard is that my family won't be around to enjoy the pregnancy with me, and I'm going to have to think of a nice way to tell them, because unless I have a flight booked near finding out when we're pregnant again, I won't be able to tell them in person :(

Glad it's not just me, being far from family is hard and having lost another grandparent overnight we're feeling it even more :cry:

Aw MrsGM thats not good news... hope you are muddling along ok. Thinking of you at this difficult time :hugs:

I lost my nan in February and she always nagged us for a baby, so it's a shame that now she's gone we've decided to try!!!

Fingers crossed that things move in a more positive from now on :winkwink:

Aw MrsGM thats not good news... hope you are muddling along ok. Thinking of you at this difficult time :hugs:

I lost my nan in February and she always nagged us for a baby, so it's a shame that now she's gone we've decided to try!!!

Fingers crossed that things move in a more positive from now on :winkwink:

The funeral was super sad and even harder for me as in French so didn't understand half of it!

She already had 6 great-grandchildren with another on the way but we would have loved for her to be around for when we have ours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->