anyone else feeling behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookielucylou

Reaction score
I started back in june and was hoping to be finished november at latest but dont think thats going to happen now. Both boys have got birthdays coming up so of course they take over for a while.
Maybe next year needs to be an earlier start ;)

My youngest is finished. I still need to do the rest of my eldest. Oh is getting a driving experience day so will buy closer to the time and I like to leave some presents to buy in December so I can shop with all the decorations out and Christmas music on in the shops, so I purposely leave some till later. Don't feel behind we still have 3 months today until Christmas x

I haven't started yet so don't worry! I will start buying bits and pieces next week I think. X

I've only got one thing for DD and 4 for DS so far and I feel like I'm ahead of the game :haha:. Christmas is still 3 months away and with the ages my children are their interests are likely to change so I like to buy the stocking fillers and presents I know they will like now and then save buying the rest until nearer the time. Plus I like to go out and shop when the Cristmas decorations are up and get that Christmassy shopping feel without the stress of having to get everything then :)

You're organised for sure! I've not begun, will start in November, as long as baby due December doesn't show up early x

I buy everything on line so earlier the better for me-i dont trust the post close to christmas.

Ive finished the kids but not only have i not stared on the family, i dont even have a single idea for any of them :(

I'm trying to hold off buying, or I feel I'll be done too early! I don't like to finish in November or I'll end up buying extras through December. I've got 2 of my boys birthdays in October which I'm sorted for, present wise. But need wrapping paper, cards, cake stuff and we'll do a tea party. I'm trying to concentrate on that atm

I feel a bit behind when I think that I haven't started on anyone else but Callum but I then realise there's still almost 3 months to go and even though I stress every single year it still ends up done so I am not worried about it at the moment

I feel behind financially my budget was another £300 but am also trying to save up to £900 for other savings lol and now my LO wants £289 worth of toys just as well I have family to help out, and I have already spent £200 odd on people and I promised myself my budget would not go over the £500 mark including the food and xmas gift bags etc.

Is anyone else feeling stressed with this? we dont work so its makes things even harder to save.

I also think its my turn to dinner this year but its too much any other suggestions I could in place of dinner cheaply xx

shazney the money bit is part of what is worrying me now, i started early to spread costs. Any spare money in oct will be for ds1's birthday then same for ds2 in december. So really only one months spare cash now to buy everything.

See instead of buying through the year I've saved through the year so I've now got a nice little stash of money ready for serious shopping.

Totally feeling behind, I'm usually finished by now and I still have loads to get. Luckily I've had a lot of vouchers so managed to get a fair but but I still have a few to get for my kids, plus start hubby, my mum, in laws and nieces and nephews. I have 4 birthdays in November to do plus my wedding anniversary :-( x

Me! I normally start planning in march and start buying as and when then really crack on after my birthday in august. This year though, i had DD in june, which has thrown me off completely.
We have decided to do personalised mugs for thr family and clay ornaments made by ds. And then something made by dd.
So i realy just need to buy got the kids and DD but i still feel behind. Iv decided to cut out all the useless junk i buy for the sake of it. So i dont need to buy much but im still stressing about it.

I also think its my turn to dinner this year but its too much any other suggestions I could in place of dinner cheaply xx

For a cheaper dinner not sure how many of you there are but you could use a different meat, a large chicken or keep an eye out for half price meat joints and freeze them. Or you could use a frozen turkey instead of fresh to reduce costs. If you have an aldi near you the veg is relatively cheap. As relatives to bring the starter and desert or side dishes. As them to bring along a bottle. If you don't have much money just let them know they are family after all and will probably be glad to help you out

How many people are you cooking for?

We buy a roast from frozen turkey joint from Iceland, a bag of potatoes, a couple of bags of frozen veggies, cheap sausages & bacon, a packet stuffing mix and gravy granules. A cheap Xmas pud ( or other pud if people don't like) and a packet or tin of custard.
Our dinner comes to around £20-£25 and it feeds 6 hungry adults and 3 hungry children plus leftover meat.

Christmas can be done on a budget easily but it is difficult when you see what others are buying/eating and have children asking for every toy going.
Every time a toy advert comes on the TV my two ask for it from Santa!!

Xx

Also think about whats essential, what will actually get eaten. Every year we've done a starter and tbh its not been needed. We all just want the dinner and its a lot of fuss as some of us don't eat this and others dont eat that. We've ended up with 3 options which ds1 who eats EVERYTHING asks for some of all and then struggles with the dinner but wants the pudding so will leave most of the dinner. The pudding is the same. DH and DS1 HAVE to have a christmas pudding, but the rest of us don't eat it so we end up with 2 second options, so 3 deserts again. We'd go way over board and have food left and be too full to eat the cheeses we got for the evening. So last year we said no starter, and cut back on some of the other dinner stuff, one type of potato (roast) only 2 different meats instead of 3. And frozen meats and frozen veg. I could buy it in advance and store it, spreading the cost.

How many people are you cooking for?

We buy a roast from frozen turkey joint from Iceland, a bag of potatoes, a couple of bags of frozen veggies, cheap sausages & bacon, a packet stuffing mix and gravy granules. A cheap Xmas pud ( or other pud if people don't like) and a packet or tin of custard.
Our dinner comes to around £20-£25 and it feeds 6 hungry adults and 3 hungry children plus leftover meat.

Christmas can be done on a budget easily but it is difficult when you see what others are buying/eating and have children asking for every toy going.
Every time a toy advert comes on the TV my two ask for it from Santa!!

Xx

Probably about 9 people, 3 of them are kids and dont eat the same thing as adults. Yep same with me and the toy adverts :cry: I am beginning to dislike christmas xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back