Anyone else from Los Angeles? Meeting my first RE on Monday

djsherman

Reaction score
Hi all!

So, sadly Aunt Flo showed up this month. :( So my husband and I have decided to go to see an RE on Monday. I had a high FSH a few months ago (9 then 13) but they thought it might be due to the stress of my wedding plans and my ruptured disk in my back. So we didn't even try for a few months. Then this month I got a smiley face on my OPK so we tried, but to no avail. I am 40, and my husband's never been tested, and even though all my other tests were fine, I don't want to waste any more time.

So, we are meeting with Dr. Shamonki at UCLA. My long time internist at UCLA whom I love and trust recommended him, and I have had great experiences and success with UCLA in general the past 18 years so I thought he might be a good fit. Is anyone here from Los Angeles and maybe even been to him? I know he's the head of UCLA's IVF so here's hoping.

Any recommendations or opinions or experiences on any other RE's in Los Angeles anyone would be kind enough to share would also be greatly appreciated. I know we are blessed with so many choices and options in Los Angeles, but it can also be overhwleming. I mean, already I am wondering, "should I go to HRC instead?" "Is there someone else better I don't even know about?" Ugh.... the questioning and the what ifs can be maddening and I haven't even met anyone yet or even been "diagnosed" with anything but I just want to do the BEST and ALL I can, you know?

Anyway, I'm rambling, I am sorry. My husband is supportive but I can't really talk to any of my friends or family about this so I truly appreciate this board and all of you. I am hoping I am not the only one from Los Angeles!

Thanks so much for reading!

Have a great weekend!

-Dana

Hi all!

So, sadly Aunt Flo showed up this month. :( So my husband and I have decided to go to see an RE on Monday. I had a high FSH a few months ago (9 then 13) but they thought it might be due to the stress of my wedding plans and my ruptured disk in my back. So we didn't even try for a few months. Then this month I got a smiley face on my OPK so we tried, but to no avail. I am 40, and my husband's never been tested, and even though all my other tests were fine, I don't want to waste any more time.

So, we are meeting with Dr. Shamonki at UCLA. My long time internist at UCLA whom I love and trust recommended him, and I have had great experiences and success with UCLA in general the past 18 years so I thought he might be a good fit. Is anyone here from Los Angeles and maybe even been to him? I know he's the head of UCLA's IVF so here's hoping.

Any recommendations or opinions or experiences on any other RE's in Los Angeles anyone would be kind enough to share would also be greatly appreciated. I know we are blessed with so many choices and options in Los Angeles, but it can also be overhwleming. I mean, already I am wondering, "should I go to HRC instead?" "Is there someone else better I don't even know about?" Ugh.... the questioning and the what ifs can be maddening and I haven't even met anyone yet or even been "diagnosed" with anything but I just want to do the BEST and ALL I can, you know?

Anyway, I'm rambling, I am sorry. My husband is supportive but I can't really talk to any of my friends or family about this so I truly appreciate this board and all of you. I am hoping I am not the only one from Los Angeles!

Thanks so much for reading!

Have a great weekend!

-Dana

well I'm no longer in LA but used to be. One of my old clients is still in LA and did IVF with a surrogate... let me ask her who she saw. I will get back to you

Ok this is what she said

The group I go to is Reproductive Partners- they have offices all over LA- Beverly Hills, Redondo Beach, and Westminster. The dr is Dr. Rosen, though it seems like all the drs are pretty good. Dr. Rosen has the most amazing bedside manner.

I'm not seeing an RE and probably won't go that route. We are trying, but are not sure we're committed to going that far with things. Anyway, I wanted to say hito another Angeleno. Keep posting about your experiences!

My best friend got pregnant at 42 naturally so try to remain positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->