Anyone else get a weird feeling looking at the pressies

catty

Reaction score
So iv had an amazing day. Alot of thought and saving went into getting the kiddies pressies but..... when I look at their pile combined with relatives gifts I just feel it's far too much. Iv had such a good day and they genuinely deserve all the toys but I just can't shake this feeling now!

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q564/catherinerobertson89/Mobile%20Uploads/20151225_225112_zpshuz7pq5k.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q564/catherinerobertson89/Mobile%20Uploads/20151225_225103_zpsvvnpgpzj.jpg

They also have a playhouse in the garden and 2 other large bags of toys at grandma's! Please say I'm not the only one.
I'm also writing this to remind myself next year not to buy too much!!

No stop it, I always buy in excess but to be honest Gabby opens and plays with less than 30% of her presents, the rest goes in her cupboard and are brought out on good behaviour
days and rainy dats as treats xxxx

I totally feel the same, next year I'm cutting down big time. I literally have no idea where everything is going to go

I felt the same. Once I got them out, I ended up taking back 6 of them and putting them in a box that I've labeled Christmas 2016 (seriously!). And if I could take back the dang train table I would. It takes up too much room (what was I thinking !! LOL) and I don't think she'll play with it much. Definitely cutting back next year! Heck, with the ones I took back, I may just get her one big thing and be done for next year. She was totally overwhelmed too.

I felt this last year, we cut down this year and he still had lots but I dont feel its totally excessive this year and he played with so much yesterday. My parents also spoil him so he had lots of pressies there and thankfully she had also cut back on toys and bought some new clothes/ PJs which was good.

I feel like there there is too much. I say it every year but I will cut back next year. They get so point by all our family. Both kids were overwhelmed. But they do love everything they got. And DS played with a lot yesterday.

I feel better about it today. Once all the peppa pig sets were out their box it is actually a good amount to play with. Also they got alot of Playdoh, ,puzzles and books and that will really come in handy on the afternoons. Think just when I seen how much there was just got a bit overwhelmed.

I'm usually like this so proper cut down this year, it didnt seem much when we were getting it all out christmas eve but come christmas day it was a good amount.

We had to split opening presents over two days. She has just finished opening them now...well actually there is a playdoh set still to open.

She wanted to play with each toy and I stopped asking if she wanted a new one so she could enjoy the ones she had. I think she got a good amount but looking at it it seems too much all piled up. I put Xmas day stuff in boxes in her room so the only things left were boxing day stuff. Makes it look less 😃

I bought more than I planned though because I started soo early. She got

Xmas day
Scooter
Dolls rocking crib
Baby doll with potty milk bottle etc
Elsa toddler doll
Happy land train set (big hit)
New dress
Pjs
Inside out dvd
Beauty and the beast dvd
Aladdin dvd
Stocking full of crafty things bubbles and hair clips
Walking, barking dog
Skittles with wooden balls
Morphy Richards toy kitchen set
Stuffed Olaf
Stuffed simba
Chocolate
Peppa pig annual

Boxing day
Peppa pig classroom
Peppa pig light house and speed boat
10 books
Fuzzy felt picture
Minnie mouse puzzle
Playmobil house
Playdoh mickey set

I think its too much. I just tell myself I will not buy any more toys until her birthday!

We always go overboard, I say I won't because its so much to rehome in their rooms but I always do. This year we had a huge clear out in the week before Christmas which really helped move out some of the old for the new. I'm not fussed at the end of the day they are bloody great kids, they appreciate everything. They had a lot again this year and my son said before bed last night that he is just so shocked and amazed that father Christmas brought them so many presents and then family so much more on top. He was so happy and grateful. He's brilliant!
It'll take them both the whole of the Christmas holidays to make their way through most of the gifts and enjoy them but they do just that, take the time to play with each one.

When i set them out on xmas eve it looked so much i was shocked, however once open it didn't look as much and alot of it is bulky packaging so when taken out it looks less again thankfully.
My two don't really get toys from family as they know they have alot anyways LOL ( so they get money or clothes) the only toys they get is whatever is from santa.

I feel like this year i've got the right balance, they seemed to like everything (couple of exceptions but for the most part they got everything on their lists and the extras i'd picked up well well received and not just stuff i'd bought cos it was on sale) so i'm happy with what they got!

I actually wish i'd bought more hot wheels though as it was a hit with both kids (1st hot wheels track they have had, we have loads of cars already)

Holly has far too much too. She was getting bored opening them in the end. We didn't even get her that much this year as she doesn't really play with toys anyway, but relatives went completely overboard!
Don't feel bad, your kids will love all the presents :)

Yes I completely agree!! i did cut back this year alot compared to other years but I've gained another child since last year and even though u cut down my mum didn't and they had a crazy amount of presents!! I'm cutting back more next year I can't move here.

I did carefully pick out presents and I know they love them all I just feel that they dint actually NEED everything they want

All day today we have sat at my mums saying 'we didn't realise we got so much' this is not including what they had at home yesterday.
Next year, I'm not starting as early and sticking to 10 presents each plus stockings. We haven't even opened their stockings from my mum, keeping them for new years day now.

this is the first year where i felt that they did not get enough haha i did not buy them nearly as much as I normally do.

I do feel a bit weird as I gave things away to charity and then it felt like we got them back again as presents! Also some of the relatives have bought really annoying things!

All day today we have sat at my mums saying 'we didn't realise we got so much' this is not including what they had at home yesterday.
Next year, I'm not starting as early and sticking to 10 presents each plus stockings. We haven't even opened their stockings from my mum, keeping them for new years day now.

Good plan. :thumbup:

I'll be doing something similar, I think.

Yeah, Dh and I were both just saying that everyone went totally overboard this year, and we have way too much stuff to deal with now, lol. I don't even know where its all going to get put. The kids of course are loving it. But its too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->