Anyone else get the afternoon slump?

TrixieLox

Reaction score
Each afternoon, without fail, I completely crash, especially at work.

Epic. Exhaustion. Almost painful in the extreme tiredness stakes.

Anyone else get this and any recommendations? I have to confess, I sometimes resort to caffeine in the form of just one cup of tea. I also go for a quick walk. But sometimes, even that doesn't help. When I'm at home, I have an afternoon nap to nip it in the bud, but no chance of that in the office!

Yes - a wave of exhaustion hits me and I just have to rest for a couple of hours. I work from home so easy to do. Is there any way you could be allowed to rest at work for an hour in the afternoon in place of your lunch break?

I get it about 2pm and I have to have a rest It knocks me sick :( x

Yep me too, I noticed it start last week. I was practically falling asleep standing up whilst talking to my boss :wacko:

Pleased I'm not the only one! I do get an hour lunch break but go home to walk my dog during that time to get some exercise in. Maybe I need to start sneaking in a nap during that time, then walk dog with hubby after work. But he loves his lunchtime walks!

Same here. Im starting mat leave 2 weeks earlier because of it. Im not sleeping at night due to back pain and needing to pee. So really like the walking dead at work :-(

yep around half 2 everyday i need to have a lie down on sofa and occasionally sleep if ds lets me. im exhausted by 5if i dont have my lie down

Thank god it's not just me. There's me thinking its the bp tablets and iron tablets causing drowsiness! X

I feel like I need a nap around 2-3, but I find if I do lay down I can't sleep solid through the night. I wake nearly every hour, so it's not worth it to me

Yup. I've had to nap for the past couple days myself. Not as sleepy feeling as I was in first trimester, but close to it. Get to a point some days I just can't even keep my eyes open.

I get morning, afternoon, and night. ;) I think twins are just extra exhausting though as I mainly only got tired in the afternoon with my daughter.

3.30pm = nap time! Only a couple more weeks left at work for me so I should manage a little better as 'working from home' at 3.30pm becomes nap time...don't tell the boss!! X

I am currently struggling with this. Really sucks because I get out of work and have to chase my 1 year old around till bedtime. By the time I put him to bed I'm beyond tired, cranky and sore :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->