anyone else getting to the point where

Mummymoo_x

Reaction score
Baby name searching is no longer fun but actually stressful?
Me and my OH chose a girls name and we agreed not to tell anyone as we didnt want peoples opinions because we both loved it.

but now I'm put off as he told his mum and she put me off the name by saying ooo it will just be shortened to Izzy. (I'm not a fan of Izzy) and suggested we chose a name that couldnt be shortened. Well I still like the name but I just feel less excited by it now if that makes sense?

& also we can not choose a boys name!! 9 weeks to go, I'd wanted to of picked a definite name by now. :(

Anyone else feeling like this? Haha.

yup. I've avoided talking and thinking about it for awhile. It's just not fun anymore.
As for izzy... If you love the full name (I'm guessing Isabelle or Isabella?), insist on it. Our son is Thomas and does NOT stand to be called Tommy. And hasn't since he could talk back and correct people.
If you love the name, don't let the nickname put you off.

That said, if you have no boys name whatsoever, you're totally having a boy!! :)

If it's Isabel or Isabella you could shorten it to belle or Bella

you could certainly set the tone by using a difference shorten version if you even want to shorten it.

My nephew is Brycen. I remember my father saying "Bryce" and the kid, at like 14 the kid had to turn to me and ask who my dad was talking to.

Bella, Bell(e), Ella, Ell(e), Ellie

Elizabeth - same as above and also - Liza, Liz, Lizzy, Beth, Bethy

I am not feeling pressured to find a name, or uneasy that we have yet to decide. It will come.

Once the baby's here you might actually find that the nickname izzy suits her and grows on you. When I was pregnant with Olivia I always said I would never want her to shorten it to Liv because it sounded really masculine to me but now I call her Liv all the time.

Drives me crazy when people give my kid nicknames. It's part of the reason I'm struggling so bad with this one! I have a Quinn, most nicknanes don't bug me We call him Q so he gets Q-ball Q-bert ect and I think they are cute... but when someone calls him Quinny the hair on the back of my neck stands up and its just nails on a chalkboard bad.
This time we considered Everett, but I can't stand the idea of someone calling him Evie... so I have disgarded it.
Good luck with whatever you choose

Aww thanks for replies! Its not that I dont want Isabella to be shortened at all, because I actually love Bella, Belle etc. I'm just not sure on Izzy yet. But yeah thats true... it will probably be a boy anyway!hah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->